Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Tooltip tool Help Files

T3 Tooltip

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

Just a quick observation - the RTF code for this file has a lot of single quotes in it. I do a check on text like this and double the single quotes in order to make the SQL work out right, but it is appearing that it is not working right. Example, if my text is " that's the way it is ", and this is going into a text data type in the SQL code, doubling the single quote usually works. But since I'm not getting ANY data in the output, I think this is where the problem might lie.

INSERT INTO 'Table' VALUES(' that''s is the way it is');

donno. still tired.

#42 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

So here's what I did to fix the first page of commentary that I came across.

I manually edited the database and inserted the RTF header which references the Koine font. Then I changed the RTF font code just before the greek text from f0 to f2. And this works fine, as shown in the screenshot below:

The RTF header I added is shown in red below:

Josh - look at the image with the greek font "fixed" and compare it with what you see in T3. The font looks right, but the letter spacing is not right. I got this to work in T3 now, sort of.... I was leaving a null character at the end of the RTF so that it was not creating the database. That removed, and now it works. HOWEVER, the colors are all messed up. :-) Even though I have the color specification in the RTF header. Perhaps I should just strip out the ColorTable. BUT and this is a big BUT - the resultant text does not exactly match what I see in T3. Just as your sample picture also did not match. Do you see what I'm talking about????

#43 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

OK - I see the problem. The diacritics are not being displayed correctly in e-Sword. T3 is displaying the correctly. Actually, e-Sword IS displaying them, but it is adding space where there should be no space. It is the visual presentation that is off. I do not think this will be an acceptable solution. I have the font working, and I have the colors now corrected! But the visual spacing of this font (KoineTT) is not displayed correctly the the RTF control in e-Sword.

What to do??? I'm going to just think out load with my keyboard for a sec... Based on what I see in this document, one would create a utility that would look at certain character combinations and convert them to Unicode. Example, the first Greek word in the document is 4 character long. Yet, the KoineTT font has diacritics so that it actually is 6 ASCII characters long, and they are: Oujde;. The "j" and ";" are the diacritics in KoineTT font. So the utility would need to recognize "uj" as Greek character and replace it with its Unicode equivalent, and "e;" the same. THE next problem is knowing that one is looking at Greek. "uj" might occur in the document in English. This could be solved by just confirming that you were looking at text with the KoineTT font specification. And if you were making the switch to Unicode, then just use a standard e-Sword font.

Summary - I can create a document to display the KoineTT font in e-Sword, but the spacing is incorrectly being shown in e-Sword.

SLEEP time.

#44 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

OH - BTW - if you want to see what e-Sword is doing, watch very closely, and select a single character at a time and you see the diacritic pop in and out. Click at the beginning of a Greek word, then press and hold the shift key, and click the right arrow key and watch as you keep clicking the right arrow key. The same thing happens in T3, but the spacing is correct in T3, and not in e-Sword. So it is a rendering issue which I can not solve by changing T3, as far as I can tell.

Attached are screen captures of e-Sword and T3 with the same text showing KoineTT font.

Oh - I am going to add the switch to enable T3 to write the complete RTF code with the ColorTable corrected as this does seem to work and might be useful for other projects.

Attached Files

#45 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:03 AM

Summary - I can create a document to display the KoineTT font in e-Sword, but the spacing is incorrectly being shown in e-Sword.

I don't think a few extra spaces will be a big deal in exchange for displaying the font. I didn't notice until you mentioned it but I do see it. Thanks for working with this so much, Brent.

#46 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

Yes,
Thanks BH. I think that this is a really good commentary, so it will be great to be able to get the Greek charachters displayed. I am going to begin to add Ephesians, Colossians, and Phillipians to the commentary since it looks like you have figured it out :).
Thanks for your efforts!
Blessings,
Peter

#47 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

========================================
Version 3.38 - 10/09/2011
========================================
-- New - Option for modules to include the RTF header generated by ToolTip Tool in the output. Affects: CMTX, DCTX, DEVX, LSTX, HARX, BBLX modules. (Peter's Fix)

To enable this option, click the "Include RTF Header in Output" menu under Modules. I positioned this option right above all the modules that this option affects in order to remind me that I have this option turned on. I want it off for many of my projects.

Attached Files

#48 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

BH and Josh, I finished the Eadie commentaries in rtf format (Galations - Phillipians) verse by verse and tried out the new version of tool tip (3.38).

The good news is that when I make commentary with this version of tool tip and then import into theWord, the Greek charachters now appear to show up correctly in theWord! This is great news.

However, for some reason, they are still not showing up for most verses in e sword. In some verses, there are Greek charachters with a lot of extra spaces, but in others you cannot see the Greek charachters at all. I could not see them in theWord before, but now they display fine there, so this was a big step in the right direction.

I have attached the file.
Thanks,
Peter

Attached Files

#49 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

Just a clarification - in TheWord, everything looks ok?

#50 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Yes, I think so, but I do not know Greek. I can send you theWord version if you like.

Hold on, I will compare to my source text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users