Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem creating a Bible module with Tooltip

tooltip

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

I have edited a small portion of a bblx file and tried to save it as a module using T3. When saving as plain text, it works fine, except it doesn't have the italics. When I try to save the bblx with the rtf formatting, the following error pops up:

VALUE ERROR
BGen2[63] cv-"cv
^

Any idea what that means?

Cobb78
www.GravelHillchurchofChrist.com

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

hi
when saving a bible in T3 you have 3 option top is plain text and THE MIDDLE one is the one I use to make the Bible as RTF.

save the file as RTF not Text. with text all you get is plain text no color Now RTF you can have color, big fonts to Greek or Hebrew. etc.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

The error showed up when I was trying to save it as rtf. I could not save it as rtf.

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

I have edited a small portion of a bblx file and tried to save it as a module using T3. When saving as plain text, it works fine, except it doesn't have the italics. When I try to save the bblx with the rtf formatting, the following error pops up:

VALUE ERROR
BGen2[63] cv-"cv
^

Any idea what that means?

Cobb78
www.GravelHillchurchofChrist.com

Most likely you have formatting error in your text document. If you have the most recent version of Tooltip tool, it should have the "verse" that the program was working on when the error occurred in the caption of the main T3 window, which helps to find formatting errors. The error you reported suggests to me that you do not have the most recent version. What version do you have? 3.44 is the most recent.

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

hi
when saving a bible in T3 you have 3 option top is plain text and THE MIDDLE one is the one I use to make the Bible as RTF.

save the file as RTF not Text. with text all you get is plain text no color Now RTF you can have color, big fonts to Greek or Hebrew. etc.

thanks

Just a note - I am planning to remove the plain text style of Bible building unless someone wants it to remain. If it remains, then one can add their own style of formatting by adding RTF tags that conform to what e-Sword is looking for. Since T3 adds the tags for text formatted by T3 in RTF format, the plain text is probably not needed. If one has built a Bible using the plain text method, it should build using the RTF method.

#6 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

BH,

Thanks. I will upgrade. I have 3.39.

The only way the bblx worked for me was to create it as plain text. so, I kinda liked that feature.

BCobb

#7 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

Problem solved by upgrading to newest version.

Thank you!

BCobb

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

Problem solved by upgrading to newest version.

Thank you!

BCobb

Brent, just a suggestion. Add to T3 an auto check for latest version.... would save you time in the long-run.
Jon

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

Brent, just a suggestion. Add to T3 an auto check for latest version.... would save you time in the long-run.
Jon

e-Sword is downloaded 10s of thousands of times per day!! If T3 gets downloaded 10,000 in its lifetime, that will be amazing. How many serious module builders are there? And how many of those use T3? The numbers are very small. Miniscule compared to e-Sword users. For the life of e-Sword-Users, T3 got 350 downloads. And most of those are "updates". Bible Support has contributed another 550 downloads. And I'll bet most of those are updates. Most, (all?) T3 users are probably right here on BibleSupport.com. Hopefully they will look for updates. :-)

#10 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

Hi Brent

I am planning to remove the plain text style of Bible building unless someone wants it to remain. If it remains, then one can add their own style of formatting by adding RTF tags that conform to what e-Sword is looking for.

I do use that plain text option.

T3 works fine, but I like to control exactly what's in the text, especially when I process long texts.

I hope I'm not the only one, though. :-)

Thanks!

Carlos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tooltip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users