Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Tooltip tool Help Files

T3 Tooltip

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

I downloaded the zip, and edited the cmtx. I included a screenshot of the changes I made in the database editor. Changes I made have a red box around them. You must also install the font in the zip.

#32 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Josh,
Thanks for looking into this. I have three books to add to this commentary. I will try to follow your directions tonight and see I can get it to work.
Peter

#33 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

I think brent is also looking into this. Maybe there is a way for tooltip to do this automatically. Worst case though we can do it manually.

#34 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

I got a couple of hours of sleep last night and so I'm not thinking straight. I'm not understanding what you did Josh to get it to work. I need step by step instruction, or really what "stuff" you added as the RTF header is not in the database which contains the font specification. What I really need, is SLEEP.

Edited by BH., 08 October 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#35 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

I go a couple of hours of sleep last night and so I'm not thinking straight. I'm not understanding what you did Josh to get it to work. I need step by step instruction, or really what "stuff" you added as the RTF header is not in the database which contains the font specification. What I really need, is SLEEP.

Get some sleep, man. This all can wait. :)

Here's exactly what I did.

1. I opened the commentary Peter made (in the zip file). I opened it with SQLIte database browser.

2) I opened the rtf with Tooltip 3 (in the zip file).

3) I viewed the RTF source with Tooltip 3, which is the easiest way to find the RTF header.

4) The RTF header I found was:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Trebuchet MS;}{\f1\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Arial;}{\f2\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 KoineTT;}{\f3\fnil\fcharset0 Hebrewz;}{\f4\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Calibri;}}

5) I copied that RTF header from T3 into the database. I chose, at random, the database entry for the Book comments of the commentary. That's the field you see in the screenshot in one of my previous posts (it has red boxes).

6) I found the first instance of what is supposed to be greek characters. I changed the f0 font designation to f2, to correspond with the Kione font in the RTF header. That tells e-Sword to use the Kione font for those "greek" characters.

7) The RTF standard requires(?) a closing } at the end of all text, so I put one at the bottom of that database entry. I'm not sure if e-Sword really needs that or not.

#36 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

Josh - I have not yet worked on this issue, but it appears what you are doing is tricking e-Sword to use yours (pfpeller's) font, KoineTT. Correct me if I'm wrong. I see that I can put RTF with RTF and it will work. I have not tried this e-Sword... (got a few hours of sleep, but have another 24 shift starting in the AM)

#37 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

Hey Brent,

When T3 makes a Topic, T3 inserts the RTF header into each database entry.

When T3 makes a commentary, T3 does not insert the RTF header. I simply inserted the RTF header manually into this commentary like T3 does automatically for Topics. Make sense? That's all this is. Just a manual insertion of the RTF header.

Without an RTF header, e-Sword will use its own "default" RTF header (as you know). That default RTF header uses only fonts like Times New Roman, Georgia, Cyberbit Titus Basic, Tahoma, etc (that header list you gave me a while back). Fonts that fall outside of default list will be rendered as one of the fonts in the default list. So a user of T3 can specify font XYZ, but e-Sword will render it as a default font because all e-Sword sees is f0, f1, f2, f3,etc.. e-Sword cannot match the f0, f1, f2, f3 font designations with what the T3 user specified without the full RTF header. The full RTF header contains the definitions of f0, f1, f2, f3, etc.

I'm not necessarily saying T3 should insert the header. You may have very good reasons for it not being there? We can just manually edit this commentary to resolve this if its best that T3 not insert the RTF header for commentaries.

#38 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

e-Sword inserts a header with CMTX, DCTX, etc. User creatable modules, it does not use the "standard" e-Sword header, such as TOPX, NOTX files. e-Sword uses a standard header so that the fonts can be changed in a uniform way. See Options+Fonts in e-Sword. Files that comply with this will render correctly in all e-Sword installations.

What I hear you suggesting, is that the standard header can be over-ridden and the user can use their own font. This is interesting, as it would make the project that pfpeller is doing render correctly with his font, but that also means that his font needs to be distributed and installed for it to appear correct in e-Sword.

I will do some experimenting here in changing the way T3 writes the database, to include the RTF code with header. If this works as I expect, I will probably make this a switchable option. hmmmm...

#39 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Yep, you said it better I could have--the default header (or standard header) can be overridden by the user.

The reason Peter wants to use this font is because the Greek text was made with that font. If he change fonts, the text becomes jibberish. So we have no choice unless we re-key each Greek character in a different font. And since none of us really know Greek, that would be time consuming.. So as you pointed out, we're left with distributing the font with the resource. Although, oddly enough, I already had the font installed on my pc.

#40 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

I understand the gibberish stuff. I'm playing right now with leaving the full RTF code in, and so far, my database comes up empty. So I think I'm messing up the SQL code. And it is getting late on the left coast, so I don't know when I'll have an solution, or if I will be able to come up with one. I'll keep looking at the issue...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users