Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Tooltip tool Help Files

T3 Tooltip

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Yeah. It finishes and produces the CMTX file.

Edited by BH., 03 October 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#22 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Send me your email address, and I'll send you a tweaked version of T3 that is now showing the progress bar correctly when generating CMTX files, (it was not working) and it puts the verse that it is working as the windows caption. You can see if this helps you are not.

#23 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

This is an FYI - I believe I found the issue with pfpeller's problem creating a CMTX file. Do to a "feature" in T3 for my own personal use, scripture references to 2 book were not being decoded correctly IF, those books were in all capital letters. Those books were, DANIEL and COLOSSIANS. So, a reference such as DAN 1:1-21 would not be found by T3, but Dan 1:1-21 would. I don't think there other Bible books have this issue. In the next update, I will disable this "feature", and make is switchable for my own use.

#24 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

========================================
Version 3.37 - 10/04/2011
========================================
-- Fixed - scripture reference not found for Daniel and Colossians if they were in all CAPS.
-- Fixed - Internal "BookNumber" was giving false hits on book numbers.
-- Fixed - Internal "Silent" Bible Verse parser was ignoring soft line feed characters.
-- Changed - CMTX generating routine has added several new error checks and will report errors with a little more information as to what line of text caused the error. It will also clean up temporary files when after the error has occurred.

#25 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

What a welcome addition. No more looking through other files to find the right module headers. This will save a lot of annoying back-tracking!

Attached File  tt-menu.jpg   51.75K   24 downloads

#26 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

I do not know if this is a tool tip issue...

I prepared a commentary to be tool tipped on Galations by John Eadie and if I install the attached font on my PC, I can see the Greek charachters in the rtf document. However, after I save it as an e sword module in tool tip and open up in e-sword I cannot see the charachters anymore. If anyone wants to take a look I have attached the rtf document ready to be tool tipped, the font, and the e sword file where I cannot see the Greek charachters.

Thanks,
Peter

Attached Files

#27 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I helped someone with a commentary recently where Tooltip was changing the font used for Greek characters.Tooltip was changing our Greek character font (Titus Cyberbit Basic) to Georgia. And the Greek characters were then rendering as gibberish. Brent and I discussed this and he recommended we make the font all one (not change fonts in the document).

But that really wasn't an option. We needed the text in one font (Georgia) and the Greek font to be in Titus Cyberbit Basic. I had to export the database to a text file, then run a regular expression search-replace to override the font specification that Tooltip had changed. I will look at your file this evening to see if that's what is happening here.

Oddly, this only seemed to happen when I helped SpreadTheWord with his commentary. I have not noted this problem when making Topic Notes. It may be a commentary-only issue.

#28 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

This issue will not be found in TOPX files as they use the full RTF for their data. CMTX files use only the body of the RTF file, and the RTF tags much conform to the e-Sword "standard". I will look at the file in question. BH

#29 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

So here's what I did to fix the first page of commentary that I came across.

I manually edited the database and inserted the RTF header which references the Koine font. Then I changed the RTF font code just before the greek text from f0 to f2. And this works fine, as shown in the screenshot below:

Attached File  fixed_greek_font.jpg   105.87K   29 downloads

The RTF header I added is shown in red below:
Attached File  db-change.jpg   319.04K   28 downloads

Edited by Josh Bond, 08 October 2011 - 01:32 PM.
Add second screenshot showing changes to RTF

#30 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

Help out a bit Josh - did you create the CMTX file first, then edit the CMTX file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users