Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword Tooltip Tool - Updated

utility module tooltip

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

I have updated e-Sword Tooltip Tool (T3) to support the Apocrypha with Tooltips. This the first release, and I hope that I have not broken anything in the process. The books added are that supported by e-Sword: 1 Esdras, 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, 3 Maccabees, 4 Maccabees, Prayer of Manasseh, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch.

This update is numbered, v3.31.

The last "official" release was version 3.27. After its release, an interesting bug was discovered when using large data files, 15mb +/-, which caused T3 to crash. This was found to be in a library that is used by T3, and at this time there is no simple work around except to limit the size of the file you work with, and at this time I recommend that be around 10mb. v3.30 was an attempt to limit this problem, but it is not fully able to do so, so the limitation is still in effect.

Do note - it is good that one understands the source material they are working with, and to understand how T3 uses abbreviations for the various Bible and Apocrypha book names. It is best to save the Internal abbreviation list to an external file, and then edit the list removing unnecessary abbreviations, and if needed, add abbreviations that T3 does not have in its internal list. This will do 2 things, 1) it will limit false "hits" when locating scripture references, and 2) the tooltipping process will run faster with unnecessary abbreviations removed, though this is usually not a big deal (in my exerience).

It should be noted that T3 v3.31 will run slower during the Tooltipping process as the screen is not blanked when the text is updated with tooltipped text. I hope to eventually go back to the older behavior with this aspect of the process, but for now it will remain.

If you are a T3 user, please report any issues with this new update.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Thanks Brent! Very few days go by that I don't use Tooltip for something. I just recently noticed in File/Options I can select Show Only Bad References. That is cool! Even from good text sources, there's sometimes bad verse references (because most people lack a way to notice bad verse references).

#3 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:53 AM

HI all. This new version of T3 is very good I like the Tool Tipping of the Apocrypha. And I found out how to use the Abbr (http://www.biblesupp...t__10#entry1745)

If you find any commentary that I put together that has the Apocrypha scripture references (that need to be tool Tip) let me know

thanks a lot
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

I have uploaded v3.32 of e-Sword Tooltip Tool. I have removed the work arounds for the crash bug, mostly because they could not totally avoid the crash problem, and they slowed down processing significantly. The best recommendation I have at this point is to work with files less than 10MB. Note, this is still a large file, but not large enough to a comprehensive commentary. Large project such as a comprehensive commentary can be created in parts and then the smaller files combined. I'm looking at adding a combining tool to T3 in the future.

New to this release is a new BBLX format, "book chapter:verse" Example:

#define abbreviation=MV
#define description=MV - My Version of the Bible
#define comments=MV - My Version is a new version of the bible...
#define font=Default
#define version=1
#define apocrypha=0
#define strong=0

÷Gen 1:1 In the beginning God ...
Gen 1:2 And the world was without form ...

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

I'm looking at adding a combining tool to T3 in the future.

Outstanding on the ability to combine modules.

Since the crash work around is gone, can we get the 3.26 functionality back that recognizes multiple verse ranges? I still use 3.26 for this reason. If there's a reason we can't, I can just 3.26 when I have multiple ranges...

Josh

#6 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

Combining modules is not [yet] a part of the program. :ph34r:

I'm looking at making "your" feature an optional feature. It only required a few lines of code to put it back into the program, so it should not be too hard.

#7 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Note - T3 v3.32's new BBLX generating routine has a flaw. It has been fixed and will be in the next iteration...

#8 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hey B.H you'll have to forgive but what is the link to the latest T3 version.

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

http://www.biblesupp...d-tooltip-tool/

But wait until v3.33 is posted. Maybe even late to night.

#10 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Thank you B.H.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, module, tooltip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users