Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Text Editor: text-format cloning ("paint brush" tool), or Paragraph Styles

7 replies to this topic

#1 wb_from_ON

wb_from_ON

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 04:18 PM

Hello,

I use the Editor quite a bit.  Is there any way to get functionality similar to the Microsoft programs that copy text format style with the "paint brush" tool?

Another option that would help me a lot is to have a Paragraph Styles (similar to Microsoft products) drop-down that you can select from a populated list of formatting styles (ex. Heading = Arial 14 pt Bold, indented  /  Body = Arial 12 pt / Bible verse = Verdana 12 pt, 2" left margin / etc.).

E-Sword is a great tool, and this is one of my only complaints with it.  I find the existing very time consuming and clunky when I am creating a lesson, as I teach from the Editor and I like it look nice (formatted). 

If there's no way to do this within the program, or something similar, I'll post separately as a request for future update.

thanks!

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 February 2024 - 08:26 PM

Hello,

I use the Editor quite a bit.  Is there any way to get functionality similar to the Microsoft programs that copy text format style with the "paint brush" tool?

Another option that would help me a lot is to have a Paragraph Styles (similar to Microsoft products) drop-down that you can select from a populated list of formatting styles (ex. Heading = Arial 14 pt Bold, indented  /  Body = Arial 12 pt / Bible verse = Verdana 12 pt, 2" left margin / etc.).

E-Sword is a great tool, and this is one of my only complaints with it.  I find the existing very time consuming and clunky when I am creating a lesson, as I teach from the Editor and I like it look nice (formatted). 

If there's no way to do this within the program, or something similar, I'll post separately as a request for future update.

thanks!

A tool called, "ToolTip Tool NT" (affectionately known as, T4) will do the kind of formatting you are looking for, particularly the "paint brush" thingy. This program is actually designed for the creation of e-Sword resources. And is essentially the "Swiss Pocket Knife" for e-Sword. Click here to download this program.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 10 February 2024 - 08:34 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 08:29 PM

Hello,

thanks!

Each of the three editors have a paragraph formatting button located on the toolbar just below the fonts drop down box, clicking this button will open a small box where you can find options for formatting paragraphs.

#4 wb_from_ON

wb_from_ON

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2024 - 08:50 AM

Steven: thank you for this info.  I tried installing ToolTip and each time the installer freezes with error at file shown here (Apl385.tff).  I retried several times, and have tried all 3 releases of ToolTips with the same result. I can send you screenshot if that helps.  I'm on Win10 Pro 10.0.19045 Build 19045, with E-sword 13.   Any ideas?  Thanks.

Members(T):  thanks for the reply.  I use that button you mentioned very often.  The problem is for each paragraph or line, I am manually doing this very often, changing font size, italics, bold, left and right margin, etc.  I was looking for a Paragraph Style button where I could just select "Heading" or "Body" font/paragraph style, OR a MS paintbrush so I could copy format from one paragraph to another with much less effort.  I currently spend considerable time formatting to make lesson look presentable.

thanks!

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 February 2024 - 10:40 AM

Try installing as administrator.

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 February 2024 - 11:40 AM

Steven: thank you for this info.  I tried installing ToolTip and each time the installer freezes with error at file shown here (Apl385.tff).  I retried several times, and have tried all 3 releases of ToolTips with the same result. I can send you screenshot if that helps.  I'm on Win10 Pro 10.0.19045 Build 19045, with E-sword 13.   Any ideas?  Thanks.

Members(T):  thanks for the reply.  I use that button you mentioned very often.  The problem is for each paragraph or line, I am manually doing this very often, changing font size, italics, bold, left and right margin, etc.  I was looking for a Paragraph Style button where I could just select "Heading" or "Body" font/paragraph style, OR a MS paintbrush so I could copy format from one paragraph to another with much less effort.  I currently spend considerable time formatting to make lesson look presentable.

thanks!

You can skip installing that font

#7 wb_from_ON

wb_from_ON

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2024 - 02:01 PM

thanks everyone, I got it working!

Even though it was font file, when I skipped it, it still wouldn't work, so probably something else going on besides the font file.

I ended up having to delete the existing folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT) as the previous uninstalls left some files, at least from what I can tell.

Then I installed TX 27 version (20191007.exe).

All good now.   Thanks for all your help.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 February 2024 - 05:18 PM

thanks everyone, I got it working!

Even though it was font file, when I skipped it, it still wouldn't work, so probably something else going on besides the font file.

I ended up having to delete the existing folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT) as the previous uninstalls left some files, at least from what I can tell.

Then I installed TX 27 version (20191007.exe).

All good now.   Thanks for all your help.

Glad that you got it going, and that it's all working for you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 February 2024 - 05:19 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users