- New Content
- Message Board
- Submitted: Jun 10 2011 06:09 AM
- Last Updated: Sep 01 2018 08:43 AM
- File Size: 16.85MB
- Views: 15790
- Downloads: 510
- Author: Brent Hildebrand
- Suggest New Tag:: verse, reference, scripture, verse lookup
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
e-Sword HotKey 2018.0808
Suggest New Tag::
verse, reference, scripture, verse lookup
E-Sword HotKey works in conjunction with E-Sword on Microsoft Windows. With E-Sword running, while working in any other program, such as Mozilla Firefox, IE, MS-Word, WordPad, Adobe PDF file, etc, select a section of text that contains a Bible Text Reference, press the Ctrl key and C (Ctrl+C) to copy the selected text to the Windows Clipboard, then press the F11 key, the default hot key, which HotKey is looking for. HotKey then searches for the first Bible Text Reference, formats it some, then brings E-Sword to the front and tells E-Sword to look up the text. That is all that E-Sword HotKey does. Currently it works for English Bible book names and abbreviations only. Currently, no Bible chapter and verse validation is performed by HotKey. If a Reference is invalid, E-Sword will let you know!
HotKey allows you to change the hot key that HotKey will respond to. Click the Hotkey menu, and then select which modification keys (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) that you would like your new hot key to have, and press the key on the keyboard you want to use for your hot key. Then Click the OK button on the key selection form.
E-Sword HotKey has 2 modes of operation, Simple, and Search.
-- Simple mode: HotKey only removes formating that E-Sword will not recognize, such as periods and parentheses. You must select the Bible reference fairly accurately for Simple mode to work correctly.
-- Search mode: HotKey actively searches for the first recognizable Bible reference and sends that to E-Sword. You only need to be sure to include the Bible reference in your selected text. For this mode to work, HotKey has a list of Bible book names and common abbreviations. You can edit this list to add or remove abbreviations to match your needs. USE SEARCH MODE for easy of use...
New for version 3 of e-Sword HotKey. If you have installed e-Sword Macros on your system (see http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html), then e-Sword HotKey will create a new menu item called "Macro" which will interface with e-Sword Macros. Hightlight a section of your document that contains scripture references and copy it to the clipboard. Press the Macro HotKey (default=Ctrl+')(control quote), and HotKey will search the selected text, find the scripture references, and then look them up in e-Sword in the currently selected Bible version as set by HotKey (not e-Sword) and place the references back into the Windows clipboard. You can then paste them into your current working document if it is an text editor, or email client program.
E-Sword HotKey is powered by APL+Win, http://www.apl2000.com
e-Sword® is a registered trademark of Rick Meyers.
Get your copy of E-Sword, at http://e-sword.net
Image already added
Image already added
What's New in Version 2018.0808 (See full changelog)
- Version 2018.0805 08/05/2018
- -- New - Bible Popup - Ctrl+Click will open the preceding scripture reference to open in e-Sword
- -- New - Bible Popup - Ctrl+Shift+L will remove Linefeed characters making a single paragraph
- -- Update - other internal routines and updated Interpreter EXE
- Version 2018.0628 06/28/2018
- -- New - program remembers Popup decoration setting
- -- New - option to add quotes at the beginning and end of a reference in the Popup
- Version 2018.0323 03/23/2018
- -- Update - APL Interpreter to v18
- Version 2017.1217 12/17/2017
- -- Changed - Version numbers now reflect the date of build
- Version 3.96 12/14/2017
- -- New - Bible Popup mode switches to turn on or off, removal of duplicates and combine arithmetic sequences
- Version 3.94 12/10/2017
- -- Changed - Index for popup now runs as Administrator
- Version 3.94 11/28/2017
- -- Fixed - Popup (non-Macro) now looks for Unicode text in addition to plain text
- Version 3.93 11/28/2017
- -- Fixed - Popup (non-Macro) copies data to the clipboard
- Version 3.90 06/15/2017
- -- Updated - Settings Tree
- -- Fixed - Bible Popup was not popuping up on some installations
- -- NOTE - e-Sword HotKey is not supported on Windows Vista or below
- Version 3.89 05/14/2017
- -- New - Bible Popup window now has memory tool.
- Example verse:
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Memory tool:
- John 3:16 FGsltw, thghobS, twbihsnp, bhel.
- Version 3.88 03/27/2017
- -- New - Bible Popup window pops up even when no scripture reference if found in the clipboard. This can be disabled under the Edit menu of the Bible Popup window. This allows manual entry of scripture references combined with Ctrl+L to look them up.
- Version 3.86 03/25/2017
- -- Fixed - modified several of the new functions to work outside the development environment better - maybe?
- Version 3.85 03/22/2017
- -- Many internal changes, text display engine now same as e-Sword v11.
- -- New - formatting options for Popup window.
- -- New - find text references within the Popup window
- -- New - tooltip texts in Popup window.
- -- New - copy Popup window text as BBCode
- Version 3.80 10/28/2016
- -- New - Bible HotKey - a separate indexed Bible Popup. Works without direct use of the e-Sword Macros. It has it own HotKey that can be set by the user.
- Version 3.75 4/17/2016
- -- New - Major internal reworking of the program. "HotKeys" menu now shows the associated hotkey conbination. The choosing and setting of a hotkey has been changed. Now just press the key combination you desire and click "Register" to set that combination. Clicking "Unregister" removes that hotkey from action. Cancel returns to the prior state of that key.
- -- New - Expanded support for the EGW FolioViews application