- New Content
- Message Board
- Submitted: Jun 10 2011 06:09 AM
- Last Updated: Oct 07 2019 09:26 AM
- File Size: 35.49MB
- Views: 18741
- Downloads: 808
- Author: Brent Hildebrand
- Suggest New Tag:: verse, reference, scripture, verse lookup
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
e-Sword HotKey 2019.10.07
Suggest New Tag::
verse, reference, scripture, verse lookup
E-Sword HotKey works in conjunction with E-Sword on Microsoft Windows. With E-Sword running, while working in any other program, such as Mozilla Firefox, IE, MS-Word, WordPad, Adobe PDF file, etc, select a section of text that contains a Bible Text Reference, press the Ctrl key and C (Ctrl+C) to copy the selected text to the Windows Clipboard, then press the F11 key, the default hot key, which HotKey is looking for. HotKey then searches for the first Bible Text Reference, formats it some, then brings E-Sword to the front and tells E-Sword to look up the text. That is all that E-Sword HotKey does. Currently it works for English Bible book names and abbreviations only. Currently, no Bible chapter and verse validation is performed by HotKey. If a Reference is invalid, E-Sword will let you know!
HotKey allows you to change the hot key that HotKey will respond to. Click the Hotkey menu, and then select which modification keys (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) that you would like your new hot key to have, and press the key on the keyboard you want to use for your hot key. Then Click the OK button on the key selection form.
E-Sword HotKey has 2 modes of operation, Simple, and Search.
-- Simple mode: HotKey only removes formating that E-Sword will not recognize, such as periods and parentheses. You must select the Bible reference fairly accurately for Simple mode to work correctly.
-- Search mode: HotKey actively searches for the first recognizable Bible reference and sends that to E-Sword. You only need to be sure to include the Bible reference in your selected text. For this mode to work, HotKey has a list of Bible book names and common abbreviations. You can edit this list to add or remove abbreviations to match your needs. USE SEARCH MODE for easy of use...
New for version 3 of e-Sword HotKey. If you have installed e-Sword Macros on your system (see http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html), then e-Sword HotKey will create a new menu item called "Macro" which will interface with e-Sword Macros. Hightlight a section of your document that contains scripture references and copy it to the clipboard. Press the Macro HotKey (default=Ctrl+')(control quote), and HotKey will search the selected text, find the scripture references, and then look them up in e-Sword in the currently selected Bible version as set by HotKey (not e-Sword) and place the references back into the Windows clipboard. You can then paste them into your current working document if it is an text editor, or email client program.
E-Sword HotKey is powered by APL+Win, http://www.apl2000.com
e-Sword® is a registered trademark of Rick Meyers.
Get your copy of E-Sword, at http://e-sword.net
Image already added
Image already added
What's New in Version 2019.10.07 (See full changelog)
- e-Sword HotKey - a utility to use in conjunction with e-Sword, http://e-sword.net.
- e-Sword(R) is a registered trademark of Rick Meyers.
- Version 2019.1007 10/07/2019
- -- Update - Now using TX27
- -- Update - BBCode generation
- -- Update - Increased type of verses that can decoded
- -- Update - Default abbreviation list
- -- Update - Calc Function (PW)
- -- Changed - Moved popup menu numbering scheme under style menu
- -- Changed - Removed the OT, NT, Verse and Pericode menus
- -- New - Allow for change for color/colorback/underlining/italic/bold when tooltipping for e-Sword
- -- New - Tooltip color can to chosen under the Mode menu of the Popup Window
- -- New - Allow for random tooltip color, default is not to! See the Mode Menu of the Popup Window
- Version 2019.0819 08/19/2019
- -- Update - option to have Revelation 12:18 as a valid verse. Disable this in Settings "REV1218" to 0
- -- Update - option to have 3 John 15 as a valid verse. Settings key, IIIJO15
- Version 2019.0818 08/18/2019
- -- Update - support for e-Sword 12. This version should work with e-Sword 9-12.
- Version 2019.0401 04/01/2019
- -- New - Clipboard diagnostic tool added to Calculator