Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

bblx files

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sparkydan1941

sparkydan1941

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

i'm using windows10 and can't get bblx files to install

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

bblx files are for use with E-Sword which can be downloaded from this location

www.e-sword.net

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

The bblx file is in itself a Bible file, and it doesn't need to be installed, just to be downloaded to the e-Sword folder. And once that has been done, all you need to do is run e-Sword, and then you should see it in among the rest of your Bible versions/translations.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 joelie123

joelie123

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2023 - 11:52 PM

I'm facing a frustrating issue on Windows 10 – I can't seem to get BBLX files to install properly. I've scoured the web for explanations, but nothing has worked. It's been a real roadblock for my work. Has anyone else encountered this? Any vertical report writing help would be greatly appreciated! I need to get back to my writing tasks, and this problem is holding me back. Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance you can provide.

Edited by joelie123, 04 September 2023 - 11:52 PM.

#5 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 03:29 AM

You don't need to install bblx files in Win 10

All what you need to do is place it in the e-Sword folder.

The default folder for Win 10 (x64) is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

for Win 10 (32x)

C:\Program Files\e-Sword

Edited by Katoog, 05 September 2023 - 03:35 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#6 jedevane

jedevane

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 08:58 AM

I am having the same issue as stated above.  I have placed into the directory and it does not show up.  Using esword ver 13 and windows 10

#7 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 01:47 PM

I am having the same issue as stated above.  I have placed into the directory and it does not show up.  Using esword ver 13 and windows 10

You need to close and the reopen e-Sword when you had new modules

#8 srdenham

srdenham

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2024 - 10:02 AM

MAC Users have a different issue. It doesn't use the BBLX files and if I drop it into the e-Sword folder, the program locks up. So, it needs converted to run on the MAC but I have found no conversion tool to work. Anyone found a solution?

#9 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 07 February 2024 - 12:19 PM

MAC Users have a different issue. It doesn't use the BBLX files and if I drop it into the e-Sword folder, the program locks up. So, it needs converted to run on the MAC but I have found no conversion tool to work. Anyone found a solution?

Most of the modules on this site are available for both Windows and Apple/Mac/Android devices. 

Converting modules is the only solution 

#10 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:57 AM

The files that you find on the Bible Support website are mainly designed to run from the e-Sword Personal Bible Study application. This is a Bible Study application, which runs in a SQLite database structure, in which the separate verses of the Bible (Old Testament) and (New Testament) and (Apocrypha) in their chapters, and their associated books of the Bible, in the selected version of the Bible and for the selected language are arranged and listed in numerical order inside a database module. The result is to be used and read inside the e-Sword application. You will need to load the e-Sword application to be able to see the contents of these files. e-Sword is copyrighted, worldwide, and is exclusively designed and provided by Rick Meyers. There are separate varieties of e-Sword for [1] e-Sword: Free Bible Study for the PC running Microsoft Windows.

e-Sword is also available for purchase, as follows: [2] e-Sword X for the Apple Mac from iTunes, [3] e-Sword HD for the iPad from iTunes, [4] e-Sword LT for the iPhone from iTunes, and [5] e-Sword for Android from Google Play. The information you want can be found at https://www.e-sword.net/links.html on the available links provided there.

Because of the database format, the verses of the selected Bible can also be quickly compared with links to these same verses in e-Sword Bible Commentaries, e-Sword Bible Dictionaries, e-Sword Bible Lexicons, and other e-Sword Reference Library modules, in different Bible versions, and in different Languages. You can even search on Strong numbers, as used in the Exhaustive Concordance to sort words in the English Authorised version of the King James Version (1769) into Hebrew and Greek roots of the words, as they were grouped by James Strong in the Hebrew and Greek languages. Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries were published in 1890 and are in the public domain.

On the Bible Support website many out-of-copyrght books about the Bible have been compiled by volunteers, and the content has been reformatted into a format suitable to use with e-Sword, to assist users with their personal Bible Study.

CONVERSION OF bblx MODULES FOR USE BY e-SWORD ON THE MAC
If you find modules on the Bible Support website that were designed for the e-Sword for the PC and wish to have these converted to HTML formatting so that they can be read with e-Sword on Apple or Android devices, there is a conversion module, designed to run on the Windows PC, available for use from Rick Meyers. This is available from https://www.e-Sword.net on the option EXTRAS under the heading MODULE CONVERTER. Rick Meyers notes: "If you have been one of those adventuresome users who have created your own custom e-Sword modules, and you want to use them in e-Sword on your Apple or Android device then this utility should convert them." This is designed to run on a PC with e-Sword 13 installed on it.

The e-Sword modules were initially designed for the Windows PC when RTF formatting was applied to letter characters. These modules have filenames with a file type that all have the fourth and final letter of the file type with the letter "x". The e-Sword modules with a file type with the fourth and final letter of the file type with the letter "i", were designed for devices in which programming is in HTML format. For example Bibles (*.bblx and *.bbli), Commentaries (*.cmtx and *.cmti), Dictionaries (*.dctx and *.dcti), Lexicons (*.lexx and *.lexi), and Library Reference Files (*.refx and *.topx and *.refi). The file types with the last letter of the file type "i" can also be read in e-Sword for the PC running e-Sword versions 11, 12, and 13.

Please note that files created with the e-Sword built-in Editors for Journal Notes, Study Notes, and Topic Notes are installed in a user's folder on the PC and are not readily interchanged with users on the same PC, nor with users on other types of devices. Each user of the PC logs in with their user name. This was because RTF coding was in use, which is not compatible with the programming methods used on Apple and Android devices, which use other proprietary coding structures, based on HTML coding of characters. Each user of the PC will have their e-Sword Profile, when they install e-Sword on their user name and profile. This is to keep personal files "personal", and not available for other users to access from the same device or from another device.

There is no application available, at present, from Rick Meyers, which is designed to convert topics files created on Apple and Android devices to be readable in the personal folders on the PC.

For Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about e-Sword X on the Mac, please view answers from Rick Meyers at: https://www.e-sword.net/mac/faq.htm

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 08 February 2024 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users