Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
827 replies to this topic

#41 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

I have no tool with a user interface that checks file integrity. Understand that I often write custom code when I work on particular projects. In fact all the major projects I have done personally have special routines which only apply to that project. I suppose one kind of generic routine would be on that just checks the book/chapter/verse sequence. I would be a bit concerned if your OCR'd text is missing number fairly regularly, that it would then be messing up the text data also. (just thinking out loud...)

#42 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Perhaps I just don't know where it is, but is there something in T3 (or T4) that will pick up duplicate entries in a Bible file? I OCR'd a Bible from PDF and in converting, some of the verse numbers (superscript) appeared as something else. For example, 14 appeared as 1". When that is converted to a verse number, it would read 1:1 instead of 1:14. Therefore, making two 1:1's for that book. Is there a tool to test for duplicate entries like that? Or do I have to manually go through the whole NT to find it?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Cobb78

There is Software that compares two file and shows the difference some are WinMerge , ExanDiff, Beyound Compare,

These only do text file, .TXT to my knowledge

What i did was Have MEd i think it was create bible module it would have no text then use BeST to covert bible to module v8 so it could be opened in Excel then I would strip away the text leaving the references only then save as a text and compare it to the one created buy BeST or MED I'm thinking it was Med, the places where there is a difference in the references will be highlighted go to your original and fix the references

In a nut shell You need to strip away text from your bible and compare it with a file that has all the references then go to the locations where they differ and fix it

I have done 3 bible's from PDF's and these programs where BIG time savers it's been awhile so I don't know which one I stuck with

other then Brent coming up with a way to do this, this is the only way I know to do it

Edited by DSaw, 09 January 2012 - 02:34 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#43 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

. I would be a bit concerned if your OCR'd text is missing number fairly regularly, that it would then be messing up the text data also. (just thinking out loud...)

OCR'ed Text From a Image depending on the quality of the image i.e smears, smudges, Ink fade can result in a 4 superscript being mistaken as a coma that's why proofing is so important

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#44 Bradley S. Cobb

Bradley S. Cobb

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • LocationWestern Arkansas

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

T4 is FANTASTIC for Bible modules. It scrolls through the rtf file as it is formatting, so if there is an error, it highlights the problem verse in the rtf file. I do believe that this may just solve every problem I've ever had in making a Bible module.

Thank you. Thank you VERY much!

Brad
Head Writer at The Cobb Six.

#45 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

T4 does this that is fantastic I was going by what Brent said

#46 Bradley S. Cobb

Bradley S. Cobb

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

the problem with the OCR was that the font size was really small on the footnotes. But with T4 and then doing a quick scan in e-Sword for duplicate verses (they'd be a :1 :2 or :3 most of the time instead of :14 :17), all the problems were caught.

WOOHOO
Brad

#47 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

T4 is under development. While I hope all things are working, I'm sure there are "issues". Please report any problems.

#48 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

========================================
Version 0.74- 1/9/2012
========================================
-- HARX file types added
-- CMTX file types added - similar to T3. New menu option for multiple verses references - experimental
-- BRPX - ability to read BRPX files into T4
-- Fixed - Undo/Redo text not always correct. Also added page formatting and section insert.

NOTE - all this is still in a state of flux. I'm sure there will be issues.

#49 Bradley S. Cobb

Bradley S. Cobb

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

I look forward to playing around with the CMTX aspects of this in the coming week. I'm hoping to have another commentary set or two done by Saturday.

Brad

#50 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Remember - this is a new program and it needs lots of testing still. Just keep that in mind...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users