Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#31 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Actually, the list is generated every time any text is tooltipped. All I need to do is to either open the VerseList window or give you the option to open it, or just open it if there are any bad verses found, or .... :-)

Yep, that'll be nice. Seemed to tooltip faster? I could clock the same file in T3 and T4. It seemed to go faster though. File opening times are unquestionably faster.

#32 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

OK - latest update does this. Verse List window will have the option to switch. Switches are "sticky".

The latest update also supports LSTX files, the e-Sword Verse List file type. It will Read LSTX files, and will generate LSTX files from any document.

Brent,

Where's the option to show only bad references? I just downloaded the latest and don't see it anywhere?

I did get the blue screen of death for the first time in years. Do not click Scripture > Validate References with a blank document. I don't know if the blue screen appears every time, or it was a culimination of events that led to it, but I'd rather not try it again and have to reboot. I clicked it, trying to find that option...

#33 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Some usability issues:

1) The Verse List window stays on top of the screen, even if I switch to another program. I have to manually minimize the screen.

2) The font selection pull down is much smaller than T3. It's difficult to quickly scroll through the list.

3) If I type the first letter of a font in T3, the list of fonts would scroll to that letter. And then I could choose. In T4, pressing a letter does take you to the fonts starting with that letter. But it also selects the font automatically and formats all selected text with it immediately. That can be annoying and time consuming on a large file.

#34 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Some usability issues:

1) The Verse List window stays on top of the screen, even if I switch to another program. I have to manually minimize the screen.

2) The font selection pull down is much smaller than T3. It's difficult to quickly scroll through the list.

3) If I type the first letter of a font in T3, the list of fonts would scroll to that letter. And then I could choose. In T4, pressing a letter does take you to the fonts starting with that letter. But it also selects the font automatically and formats all selected text with it immediately. That can be annoying and time consuming on a large file.

1) this is can be fixed/modified...

2&3) Font selection - I'm using the Text Control built in font selection tool. I'm not particularly happy with it myself. So note, that I have also enabled the "Styles" box. You can add to the styles. Double click right beside the dropdown of the Styles, and you can add styles to your project. This may be useful for a large project. In T3, the font selector was one I wrote, with an interval timer between keystrokes and a kind of auto-complete. T4's font box does not work that way. It is a bit of a pain.

#35 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Brent,

Where's the option to show only bad references? I just downloaded the latest and don't see it anywhere?

I did get the blue screen of death for the first time in years. Do not click Scripture > Validate References with a blank document. I don't know if the blue screen appears every time, or it was a culimination of events that led to it, but I'd rather not try it again and have to reboot. I clicked it, trying to find that option...

With the Verse List window open, click the "View" menu. The options are All and Bad. Once set, it says in that mode until you change it.

#36 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

BTW Josh - I've tried to get the BSOD - but it does not happen here. You clicked the Scripture+Validate on an empty document, right? No problem here.

I have tweaked things a bit. If you tooltip a document, and there are bad references, then the Verse List window will open showing the bad references.

#37 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

========================================
Version 0.73 - 1/7/2012
========================================
-- BBLX file types added, match styles that are in T3 - experimental
-- BRPX file type added.
-- modified how scripture search and tooltipping works. VerseList will open on bad references. Bad references are not colored or tooltipped.
-- 1st pane of status bar indicates if the edit window is locked to updates or not. Double clicking on this pane will unlock the edit window. Useful if unexpected bugs leaves the window locked.

Edited by BH., 07 January 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#38 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hi Brent

I noticed with your last post that your looking into the possibility of creating BBLX file types in T4 does this mean that you will be trying to add all the T3 features and capabilities to T4 at some time

Thank You as always for your updates, time, and effort.

Edited by DSaw, 08 January 2012 - 03:33 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#39 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

T4 does have BBLX as is in T3 now (except for plain text), and it appears to be working OK. The AKJV-R I recently updated was done using T4 instead of T3. There is still a lot of work to make T4 do all that T3 is doing. And some hurdles to pass.

#40 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Perhaps I just don't know where it is, but is there something in T3 (or T4) that will pick up duplicate entries in a Bible file? I OCR'd a Bible from PDF and in converting, some of the verse numbers (superscript) appeared as something else. For example, 14 appeared as 1". When that is converted to a verse number, it would read 1:1 instead of 1:14. Therefore, making two 1:1's for that book. Is there a tool to test for duplicate entries like that? Or do I have to manually go through the whole NT to find it?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users