Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#61 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

There are other issues not yet in T4 Josh. You recall the font shifting? That is not there yet. And leaving the header in, if enabled in T4, may cause file size to explode, 2, 3, 4 times the size of a T3 file. OK - perhaps I need to just pare down things a bit. But removing the right stuff would need to be figured out. The new control is cool. But e-Sword is not designed for it - yet. Only Notes and Topics take advantage of the new control. These things need testing. Sounds like you are doing stress testing of a different kind, loading a 27mb file!

#62 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

There are other issues not yet in T4 Josh. You recall the font shifting? That is not there yet. And leaving the header in, if enabled in T4, may cause file size to explode, 2, 3, 4 times the size of a T3 file. OK - perhaps I need to just pare down things a bit. But removing the right stuff would need to be figured out. The new control is cool. But e-Sword is not designed for it - yet. Only Notes and Topics take advantage of the new control. These things need testing. Sounds like you are doing stress testing of a different kind, loading a 27mb file!

Nah, I'm not one of those people who will do bizarre things with your program and then say, Oh no, T4's broke! Well I sometimes do bizzare things with T3/4 but there's a reason for it, haha.

This was real world use. I created in MS Word a 27 meg topic file, including graphics. Then I adjusted the settings of the graphics in T4 (jpg/90% compression). Then I resaved and the size is 4 megs. It tooltipped good. I'll fix the bad references and see if the topic module generates ok.

#63 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

Everything seems to have worked well. T4 generated a nearly 300 topic Topic file easily. The tooltipping worked with no problems. The images all displayed properly and so it's nice to know I can insert images in MS Word and then open the file in T4 with no problems. T4 opened a 27 meg file in 3 seconds. I still can't believe that.

If I could wish for one picky thing, it would be that the Verse Validation window stay on top of T4 (but not on top of any other window if I switch to another program). Yeah, that's pretty picky. Great job on T4, Brent. At the bottom of each file listing, I've started putting the text/graphic below to give T3/4 its due promotion.

Another Project Made Possible by Tooltip
Posted Image

#64 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

I could make the window modal, but then you can easily go back to the main window. The z-order with other windows is harder to set. I left the window out of T4 because I wanted more editing real estate, though, one can resize the panes. I suppose I could make the layout as it is in T3. just think'n....

#65 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

Hi BH,

I was trying to make a sample Dict using Modules Define Variables. It would not make the module using it. I even try to type it out but it did not work and so I tried another RTF module and it worked. Can you please fix it.

I also tried the cmt, bible, map and it worked using the Modules Define Variables.

The editing is excellent.

thanks again for this awesome Tool.
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#66 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hi BH,

I was trying to make a sample Dict using Modules Define Variables. It would not make the module using it. I even try to type it out but it did not work and so I tried another RTF module and it worked. Can you please fix it.

I also tried the cmt, bible, map and it worked using the Modules Define Variables.

The editing is excellent.

thanks again for this awesome Tool.
Patchworkid

You are going to have to give me more information on what happened, any error messages, perhaps a sample of the file that is not working for you, so I can understand what you are experiencing. You also said you "tried another RTF module and it worked". I do not understand what you mean by this. I need more information.

#67 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi BH,
here is the RTF Attached File  Test1.rtf   774bytes   2 downloads this is just the sample of the Modules Define Variables list that I clicked on Dict and this came up and I named it as text 1

when I tried to make the module the whole define list shows up. it is description to nosort was highlighted in grey,

can you try it the Modules Define Variables to make the dict module?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#68 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hi Brent

In T4 I have noticed a couple things I'd like to ask about

1. in format tab it appears that we can set our own tab stops but I have not been able to do this

2. also in format the paragraph does not seem to be working as it appears

also a request can you have T4 open Dictionary modules for editing a pre-existing module

Thank You

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#69 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

DSaw - Tab and paragraph formatting work here! :-) Remember that tabs are set on a per-paragraph basis. If you want to change the tabs of an entire document, then first select the whole document first. Same for paragraphs.

#70 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

DSaw - Tab and paragraph formatting work here! :-) Remember that tabs are set on a per-paragraph basis. If you want to change the tabs of an entire document, then first select the whole document first. Same for paragraphs.

Confirmed, works for me, running latest T4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users