Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword Tooltip Tool - Updated

utility module tooltip

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

Brent:

as to pics & tables, we'll dump 'em in after T3 has performed it's automagic. As to columns: not necessary!

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#32 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

BH,
Tool tip does not crash when I try to combine files on my VISTA machine anymore. Thanks for the fix. I love this feature!
Peter

#33 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

I thought I would make a topx file with e-Sword 10 then Tooltip it. Let me save anyone the trouble. ToolTip will not tooltip a topx file you made with e-Sword 10 with pictures. Actually, Tooltip will tooltip the topx file. But when you load the topx file in e-Sword, e-Sword reports chapters with pictures as "broken" and gives an error.

I suspect Tooltip parses the picture binary data and tries to tooltip that data. And it probably finds the right combination of characters to "tooltip". And that corrupts the picture and e-Sword complains. My only option then was to copy and paste each chapter into T3. Let T3 tooltip the text. Then copy it back. That's a nice work around if you trap yourself like I did. :blink:

#34 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

I thought I would make a topx file with e-Sword 10 then Tooltip it. Let me save anyone the trouble. ToolTip will not tooltip a topx file you made with e-Sword 10 with pictures. Actually, Tooltip will tooltip the topx file. But when you load the topx file in e-Sword, e-Sword reports chapters with pictures as "broken" and gives an error.

I suspect Tooltip parses the picture binary data and tries to tooltip that data. And it probably finds the right combination of characters to "tooltip". And that corrupts the picture and e-Sword complains. My only option then was to copy and paste each chapter into T3. Let T3 tooltip the text. Then copy it back. That's a nice work around if you trap yourself like I did. :blink:

The roots of T3 started with e-Sword v7. It was not called ToolTip Tool, then, it was just called, Verse Tool. Sometime during e-Sword v8, the name ToolTip Tool (T3) was applied. The idea was to take text, tooltip it, and then copy and paste it into e-Sword's Topic Editor. With the advent of v9 and the change in databases to SQLite3, the ability to create Topic Notes directly form T3 was added. With that, additional e-Sword modules types were added. All along, the only data in a module was text and formatted text. No parsing of the RTF was required in order to apply tooltips to scripture references. I have not yet played with added images in eS-10 and T3. The RTF will now have more that just text, and it will require a lot more work to find the image data and leave it unchanged. If one wants to use ToolTip Tool with eS-10, I think it will be best to start with the text of your project, tooltip it, and and either copy and paste it into eS-10 as Josh suggests, or create TOPX file, and then edit it and format it in eS-10. It will depend on the type of data you start with. For projects based just on text, I see T3 continuing to be useful as it was with eS-9.

#35 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

For projects based just on text, I see T3 continuing to be useful as it was with eS-9.

Yep, there's no other option for mass tooltipping a document no matter where you create it. At some point, T3 comes into play in any project I work on.

#36 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Yep, there's no other option for mass tooltipping a document no matter where you create it. At some point, T3 comes into play in any project I work on.

mass tool tipping would be something that would be good to have in eSword until then and I think beyond T3 Will be one of the main guns in my module creation arsenal

Edited by DSaw, 01 November 2011 - 12:38 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#37 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

TheWord has the detect all verse references feature for modules. Even if this is someday included in e sword, tool tip will still be useful for making modules.

#38 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Even if this is someday included in e sword, tool tip will still be useful for making modules.

I totally agree I was being specific to tooltiping itself bibles commentaries and dictionaries there no better program for creating these module types

I think what i'm trying to say it would be nice to have everything in one program

Brent has done an excellent job with T3 and I'm sure will in the future

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#39 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hey - putting T3 out of business would be great!!! One of the things that inspired me to work on T3 was the Logos "RefTagger" function for websites. This is an add-on Java script that tags scripture references on the fly. This is part of the idea behind the utility e-Sword HotKey, which can find and look up multiple scripture references at one time. Imagine taking a digital book, and the only thing you needed to do was open it up in e-Sword, or copy and paste and all the references become active. And not just those that are formatted "correctly". John 3:16-17 would work as well as Joh_3:16-17, or 1 Corinthians 13:12 just as well as 1Co_13:12, because the algorithm has identified it as a scripture reference. This is what RefTagger (and others) are doing for web pages now. This is what T3 does internally before formatting scripture references. The trick, and this is where T3 would choke, is that to do this with Unicode and not just ASCII characters. Just thinking out loud. I'm thankful for people like Rick that have made e-Sword available.

Edited by BH., 01 November 2011 - 03:03 PM.

#40 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

========================================
Version 3.44 - 11/8/2011
========================================
-- Combine Files - Added MAPX and RESX file types.
-- Bug - MAPX titles did not have single quotes escaped, munging the SQL code.

I got an email message from a module builder making a MAPX file with 70 images! The funny observation was that some images did not make it into the file. Turned out I forgot to check for single quotes in image titles. Oops. But, 70 images? With all the text besides. I wonder what the final product will be or what it will look like or how big it will be. But they told me that they were able to build it. 70...

Edited by BH., 08 November 2011 - 09:06 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, module, tooltip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users