Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Tooltip tool Help Files

T3 Tooltip

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#11 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Wow that was fast. I should have caught that because tool tip brought me to that location after the error. For some reason I stared at the reference and did not see the mistake. It is obvious now. I think tool tip did well, operator error :).

#12 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

BH,
Now it is stopping at Psalm 1. Do you know what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks

#13 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

BH,
Now it is stopping at Psalm 1. Do you know what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks

Well, yes. Verse references are to specify a verse(s). You have specified a chapter. Now, is there a work around? Yes, again, you can tooltip the entire document, then in the Version 3 tooltip formatter, the specification, Psalms 1, would be tooltipped at Psa_1:1-6. Then, when running the CMTX generator, it would have been a verse specification. Is T3 being picky here? Perhaps. Maybe I could extend this to allow just a chapter, but at the present, this is not how the program works.

Edited by BH., 26 September 2011 - 09:13 PM.

#14 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Thanks BH,
I was trying to be lazy with the Pslams. After all, there is 150 chapters :).

I am trying to avoid tool tipping until I am completely done so I can import untooltipped to theWord. I am not sure if this will make a difference or not, but I wanted theWord to detect all verse references on an untooltipped text. Maybe I should not worry about this now that I think about it. It is when I use Josh's tools to go from theWord to e sword that this causes a headache (thankfully Josh wrote a macro for this)...

#15 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

You can "untooltip" in T3 - sort of. That is the "Full Book Name" option. If you tooltip shows like this: "Psa_1:1-6", applying the Full Book Name button, the result is: "Psalms 1:1-6". And you can turn off the coloring and underlying if you wish. It is a little more convoluted, to remove the underlining, turn off the underlining of the tooltip under Options, change the color to black if you wish, the tooltip the text, then apply the Full Book Name option. This will not strip out reference to just a chapter such as changing Psalms 1:1-6 to Psalms 1.

#16 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi BH,
I have OT text completed on the Bridgeway Bible Commentary. It was working the last time I tried to save the commentary module at the end of Jeremiah, but now that I have the entire OT in, it is giving me a length error.

What causes a length error? I have the multiple chapter verse references activated.

Thanks for your amazing tool.
Peter

Attached Files

#17 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hi BH,
I have OT text completed on the Bridgeway Bible Commentary. It was working the last time I tried to save the commentary module at the end of Jeremiah, but now that I have the entire OT in, it is giving me a length error.

What causes a length error? I have the multiple chapter verse references activated.

Thanks for your amazing tool.
Peter

T3 is not too smart. You have the reference: HOSEA7:8-16

BUT - there is not space between A and 7. Change it to: HOSEA 7:8-16

Did not the program end with this section selected??

#18 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

No, it ended at Malachi 1:1-5 so it was hard to see the error...

Thanks for your prompt response

#19 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

OK - but that was the error. I'll look at trying to add a more intelligent error reporting mechanism.

#20 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hey BH, When you fix that error and try to save module again, does it create the commentary? It is still giving me a length error and stopping at the same spot and giving the same error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users