Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Converting old 1984 NIV .bbl module

conversion 1984 NIV .bbl module

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 jerry_seville

jerry_seville

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

I recently purchased the NIV 2011 BUNDLE: NIV AND NIRV FOR E-SWORD PC from http://estudysource.....aspx?pid=B0024.  To my dismay, this bundle no longer has the 1984 NIV.  (I need this version because it is the same one used in Max McLean's audio bible that I have on CD.)

I have an old NIV.bbl (the 1984 version, created with an older version of BeST and/or imported from BibleGateway.com) that used to work with e-Sword 8.x.x, but after converting with e-Sword User Module Conversion Utility v9.8.0 or BeST 2.1.0.4 Standard or Clint Conversion Utility 1.0.4, it is not recognized in e-Sword 9.9.1.  Apparently, the conversion is successful, but the new .bblx doesn't show up in any of the Bible tabs.

I've written people at Estudysource and have told them that when purchasing the bundle a few days ago that I was under the impression that it came with the 1984 NIV, but they say that there's nothing they can do about it.  (The least they could do is offer me the old bundle instead of the new one, which I don't want.)

Does anyone have any ideas about converting my old NIV.bbl?  What am I doing wrong?  (I've tried to attach it, but this site won't allow it.)  Or better yet, does anyone have a copy of the discontinued 1984 NIV for the e-Sword 9.x.x?  I would be glad to buy it from you, if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

hi did you move or copied the file to C:Program Files - e-Sword folder ? If it is not in that folder it will not work at all.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

it is not recognized in e-Sword 9.9.1. Apparently, the conversion is successful, but the new .bblx doesn't show up in any of the Bible tabs.

Probably the result of an abbreviation collision

The least they could do is offer me the old bundle instead of the new one, which I don't want.

Their license agreement doesn't cover the 1984 edition. Thus they can not legally give you, or sell you the 1984 edition.

jonathon

#4 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

jerry_seville,
An abbreviation collision is where two modules share the same tab abbreviation. If both modules in question have an abbreviation of "NIV" then one module will not be available in e-Sword. The solution is to change one or both abbreviations. To do this is quite simple. So simple in fact that I can do it. I even wrote an illustrated tutorial on how to do it. You can find it at:

http://www.biblesupp...ns-in-the-tabs/

http://www.biblesupp...urce-tab-names/
I hope this helps

EDIT: I was notified that the link was incorrect so I posted the correct one.

Edited by Ebed Doulos, 19 February 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image

#5 jerry_seville

jerry_seville

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

Ebed Doulos,

Thank you so much for that easy solution! As you say in your illustrated tutorial, "worked like a charm!"

Thanks also to patchworkid and jonathon for your input!

God bless

#6 will brinson: ferguson

will brinson: ferguson

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Texas

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

If you do not want to rename the Tabs you can just remove the 2011 NIV from "C: / Program Files / e-Sword" and be sure and leave the 1984 NIV module there, and the e-Sword program should be able to find and display it. That is if you do not care for the newer version to show also. Ebed Doulos' advice is the best way though because you can display all your resources, but again if you are only interested in the 1984 version of the NIV you can simply remove the 2011 version and e-Sword will pick up and read the 1984 version. You can still leave the rest of the bundle (i.e. - NIVR and TNIV) in the folder just remove the 2011 one that has the tab name NIV.

May,
YHWH bless thee and keep thee;
YHWH cause His face to shine on thee, and be gracious to thee;
YHWH lift up His face to thee, and give thee shalom.

Your Brother in Yehoshua The Anointed One.

will 

#7 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 06:57 AM

11. Do not link to or attempt to distribute copyrighted material. Copyrights must be respected. Before linking to or making any material available in the forum, ensure that it is either in the public domain or you have legitimate permission from the copyright holder to distribute the material.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversion, 1984, NIV, .bbl, module

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users