Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#651 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hi Brent. I posted at the link below also. Was not sure where you might look for feedback.

Just some weird twist to things again with build 2.41. If you import the module in question in this topic (below), and you have the Scripture -> Spanish set when you import. It will fail to build (bad reference) unless you set the language to English. (Even this will fail for a valid reason once Psalms is reached but that is not T4 issue.)

Jon

http://www.biblesupp...ge-4#entry22524

#652 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hi Brent

How much work would it be to add concordance building to T4

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#653 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi Brent

How much work would it be to add concordance building to T4

You mean an e-Sword dictionary?  It does that now...

#654 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

OK!

No I know it creates DCTX Modules

what I mean is can you make it build a concordance from a bible module or RTF showing the strong's number and those reference and words under the strong's

like somewhat like I have posted here 

http://www.biblesupp...ish-concordance

BesT2 does this but this function does not seem to work in Win 8

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#655 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

The end product is a DCTX file, right?  What exactly are you asking to be done?  Automatically do what - exact?

#656 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

Sorry I bothered you I will work it out myself

#657 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

Sorry I bothered you I will work it out myself

I'm trying to understand what you are wanting done as it is not clear to me.  

#658 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

I'm not sure I can explain it any better

load a module or RTF of bible with strong's

T4 searchs the bible and pulls out every word that is attached to that strong's numbers and complies a list of occurrences under that strong's

LOOK at the module King James Concordance from within eSword it would produce a result like this but would also do Greek & Hebrew

I don't know how else to describe compiling a concordance

#659 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

In e-Sword, a concordance such as Strong's is a dictionary module.  I use the BTSCTVM+ often.

Strong's numbers are tied to one Hebrew or Greek word.  One would need an association with the variations of a Greek/Hebrew word in order to create a combined file and don't have such data.  

#660 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

I think what he's looking for is a macro or something that takes *G0001 (with * being any word) from a Strong's-enabled Bible file, and places it all together in one dictionary entry.  And that it would do that for every Strong's number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users