Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#551 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

hi BH,

Is there a Spell Check for Tool Tip Tool NT?  That is like in office Word?

So I can spell check the entire document (example: a bible)

thanks and a magnificent work you are doing with this tool 

Patchworkid

There is a spell checker that "may" work with the underlying Text Control display engine.  In only costs money and time....

#552 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

1)  Fixed

2)  True 

3) No plan to change this behavior.

4) No plan to change this behavior.

OK

I can do the auto resize with a script, just thought you might get it in the program.

#553 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

I have several questions, but I need to try and place them in their appropriate forum...

One of the questions I have is concerning ToolTip NT.

When you are inputting the text you are working with, (the target module type really shouldn't matter here) is there a, I don't know, for lack a a better term, a REM statement capability?

I find that I may want to place notes to myself in the module's source that at creation time, will not show up in the module, but still be there for me to see the next time I edit the original source. I know you programmers out there know what I mean.

Well?

2nd question. What characters, fat finger fumble, whatever, would I be typing to cause the TAB mark locations at the top of the screen to clear out?

I was trying to insert a tab between 2 words, and kept getting, well, a new line. No character appeared on the screen to indicate there was a hard -or- soft line break, my text to the right of the tab jut went to a new line.

Thanks

Roy

#554 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I have several questions, but I need to try and place them in their appropriate forum...
One of the questions I have is concerning ToolTip NT.

When you are inputting the text you are working with, (the target module type really shouldn't matter here) is there a, I don't know, for lack a a better term, a REM statement capability?

I find that I may want to place notes to myself in the module's source that at creation time, will not show up in the module, but still be there for me to see the next time I edit the original source. I know you programmers out there know what I mean.

Well?

The answer is No. And Yes. :-)
There is not "REM" command per se in T4. But, there is a facility in T4 which I use to mark up text by page and paragraph. I use this for reference and teaching materials. I can then refer to a specific page and paragraph. Example: {doc 10.2}. This means "document" doc page 10 paragraph 2. OK, so how does this answer your question? These reference tags can be independantly formatted, but more importantly, can be easily removed. See Tools+Remove Book References. So you can put in your notes as you wish, but then easily removed them before you generate a module. I have added a new "feature" in T4 which will ignore the contents of Book Reference Tags when tooltipping. This will be in v2.02.

So, does that help? Give it a try...

2nd question. What characters, fat finger fumble, whatever, would I be typing to cause the TAB mark locations at the top of the screen to clear out?
I was trying to insert a tab between 2 words, and kept getting, well, a new line. No character appeared on the screen to indicate there was a hard -or- soft line break, my text to the right of the tab jut went to a new line.

Thanks

Roy

The most common reason that a new line is started is because a tab is not set for the tab you just entered. You can see where the tabs are set on the ruler at the top of the document. Note also that tabs are paragraph specific. If you want to set tabs for the whole document, select all the text, then set the tabs. Note2: iOS documents which are HTML ignore tab settings. For those documents, I do not use tabs. I will often use a table in parts of a document where I might use tabs otherwise. There is a fast way to create a table in T4, and it uses Tabs to do it. Setup you text with tabs. Each line must have the same number of tabs. Select the text you want to convert, and click the menu Tools+Convert Tabbed Text to Table, or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T.

#555 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

========================================
Version 2.02 7/8/2013
-- New - Switch to ignore contents of book references when tooltipping. Default is on. To change, slide Format bar over to reveal switch on Tooltip bar.
-- New - Ability to READ Journal Notes file. Writing may come in the future.

#556 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

v2.01 Check for updates does not show update available

#557 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

v2.01 Check for updates does not show update available

But all 4 of you that use the the program follow it here. :-)
fixed...

#558 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

Version 2.03 7/9/2013
-- Fixed - Document switching did not update object link which may make certain module creation functions fail or give unexpected results.

NOTE - This is an important update if you are using v2.  

#559 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

But all 4 of you that use the the program follow it here. :-)
fixed...

Brent, thanks for giving T4 an opening size memory

Jon

#560 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Brent,

I have a bug report of sorts for you.

I trying to learn my way around TTTnT and stumbled upon this a few days ago.

It is still here in 2.03.

This seems to happen this way.

1) Start in View > View Text mode

2) Change to View > Page Mode

3) The next choice from the View menu need to be View > View Text.

I get the following error:

Error in text filter: Unknown format.

(1-1d01)

Attached File  TTnt-View Mode Error.png   12.35K   0 downloads

The text clears from the window, and the only way I have found so far to recover is close the Doc without saving and re-open the doc. Of course all my changes are gone.

Note: This does not happen if I have an RTF view displayed before choosing View Text. I can go back & forth between RTF & text views all I want while in Page view.

It ONLY happens if I am in Text/Page mode and choose View Text.

I know now not to use this sequence of menu choices but I have a suggestion(?).

I do not know how hard it would be to track the error (if that is what it even is) but how about simply disabling the  "View Text" choice while in Page view. It can be re-enabled when the user switches back to Standard view.

Actually, unless you believe that the user would want to switch between Text & RTF views while in Page View mode, I would consider disabling both menu choices View Text & View RFT while in Page View mode and re-enable them when you go back to Standard View mode.

Well enough of me telling the programmer how to do his job  

Thank you for all your fine work. I know I for one, would not want to have to try and figure out how to code this. (I'd have to do it in VB).

Roy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users