Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#411 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

========================================
Version 1.28- 7/20/2012
-- New - progress bars for unicode "fixups".
-- Fixed - APL385.TTF font is not installed and install script does not give error feedback. T4 will now check to see if the font is installed, and if not, will show the font preview and give the option to then install it at that time. This only needs to be done once. This font is used for error messages and for Unicode "fixups".

#412 pbuege

pbuege

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Brent,

I think I found a bug in your e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT.

I was using it to create a commentary, and I was entering information for the book or Esther. When I ToolTipped Es 1:1, it changed the reference to Ezr 1:1. This seems to be a mistake, since there is no 's' in Ezra.

I realize that I can enter Est 1:1 to get the results I want, but I don't see how 'Es' can possibly be short for Ezra.

Please correct this.

Thanks.

-Paul-

#413 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Brent,

I was using it to create a commentary, and I was entering information for the book or Esther. When I ToolTipped Es 1:1, it changed the reference to Ezr 1:1. This seems to be a mistake, since there is no 's' in Ezra.

I realize that I can enter Est 1:1 to get the results I want, but I don't see how 'Es' can possibly be short for Ezra.

Please correct this.

Thanks.

-Paul-

In Tooltip NT, click Scripture. Then Abbreviation List. There you can manage the abbreviations that ToolTip recognizes and the books abbreviations are associated with. I usually have a custom abbreviations file for many projects.

#414 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Brent,

Please correct this.

Thanks.

-Paul-

Josh already gave your the correct solution. You need to create/edit an abbreviation file for your project. The default for "ES" in the abbreviation list is "15-ES" which is a Spanish abbreviation for Ezra. If you look at all of the book 15 list it is:
15-EZRA
15-EZR
15-ESDRAS
15-ES
15-ESD

The default settings for Esther is:
17-ESTHER
17-ESTH
17-EST
17-ESTER

All YOU will need to do is change the 15-ES to 17-ES.

I have a number of abbreviation files for different projects. This has several advantanges. One is you will get less wrong hits when tooltipping the project, and if you pare out the abbreviations that are not used, then tooltipping also becomes faster. One caveat is you need to leave in the full book name in the list. One this point I can improve the program by just always leaving in the full book name in the list.

#415 pbuege

pbuege

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Sorry for this post. I meant to reply to two previous posts.

Edited by pbuege, 22 July 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#416 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

No default file comes with T4. It has an internal list. You must first copy the internal list to an external list as you found.

#417 pbuege

pbuege

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

In Tooltip NT, click Scripture. Then Abbreviation List. There you can manage the abbreviations that ToolTip recognizes and the books abbreviations are associated with. I usually have a custom abbreviations file for many projects.

Josh already gave your the correct solution. You need to create/edit an abbreviation file for your project. The default for "ES" in the abbreviation list is "15-ES" which is a Spanish abbreviation for Ezra. If you look at all of the book 15 list it is: 15-EZRA 15-EZR 15-ESDRAS 15-ES 15-ESD The default settings for Esther is: 17-ESTHER 17-ESTH 17-EST 17-ESTER All YOU will need to do is change the 15-ES to 17-ES. I have a number of abbreviation files for different projects. This has several advantanges. One is you will get less wrong hits when tooltipping the project, and if you pare out the abbreviations that are not used, then tooltipping also becomes faster. One caveat is you need to leave in the full book name in the list. One this point I can improve the program by just always leaving in the full book name in the list.

Thanks Josh and Brent. Based on your info and by reading pp. 69-70 of the User's Guide, I was able to change the default.

However, there was one step in the User's Guide that was wrong. I was unable to select an external list. The external list that supposedly comes with ToolTip (abbr.txt) was not on my computer (see p. 69, Select External List). So what I had to do first was to select Copy the Internal List to External, name the list, and click Save. This allowed me to now edit the external list.

#418 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Version 1.29- 7/28/2012
-- Fixed - APL385.TTF font now installed as application specific font - AddFontResource API call.
-- Fixed - #Define abbreviation in place of abbr - BBLX files.
-- Changes - multiple internal house keeping changes. (TXBar1 - var names consistency; Settings - all new routine - IniString; Program Startup sequence; Help + Program History; Help + Program License)

#419 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Version 1.30- 7/31/2012
-- New - Support for Windows Themes (New APL Interpreter/EXE)
-- New - Ability to Read DEVX files

#420 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Version 1.32- 8/2/2012
-- New - When creating a BBLX file with right2left=1, the RTF tag "\ltrpar" is removed.

Version 1.31- 8/1/2012
-- New - Combining DCTX files will sort on the topic word(s)

Edited by BH., 02 August 2012 - 09:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users