Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#401 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

========================================
Version 1.25- 7/8/2012
-- New - Fill-in based on "Marked" verses. ÷John 3:16, and verse 17. "verse" changes to John 3: [Josh]
-- New - Fill-in book names in CMTX modules based on single, double, or triple marks. [Josh]
-- New - Fill-in Implicit references based on paragraphs. EX: "...father and son, 2Ki. 1:17 and 3:1 was not counted in Jehoram's eight-year total (8:17) can" --> (2KI 8:17) [Carlos]
-- New - T4 "hot key" (experimental). This is used to import data using the Windows clipboard. Highlighing text, and pressing the "hot key" will take the contents of the clipboard, and paste it into T4 at the current input position, without having to switch to T4 for the paste operation. Default setting for the hot key is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P. [BH]
-- New - Convert tab delimited text to a table. This requires the same number of tabs per row or the operation will fail. [BH]
-- New - New "fixup" tools under the Tools menu. T4 will now scan unicode values for character, and assign the necessary RTF "fcharset" values for Greek and Hebrew characters. It does this in this way, it first identifies the appropiate unicode values, changes the font setting for them, I am using the APL385 Unicode font installed by T4, grab the RTF code, find the font table, and which font number has been assigned to APL385, and change it to fcharset161 or fcharset177, depending on if you are working on Greek or Hebrew (or both), and changing the font setting to TITUS Cyberbit Basic. A bit involved, but I have not found another way to do this. See the Tools menu, Greek Unicode Fixup and Hebrew Unicode Fixup. Color is settable in "Settings" Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. Keys: Color-Greek161 and Color-Hebrew177. [Josh, DSaw]
-- New - Paragraph numbering. Standard view mode - sequential numbers {1}, {2}, {3}, etc. In Page view, page.paragraph numbering. {1.1}, {1.2}, ... ,{2.1}, {2.2}, etc. If text is entered on the Fill-in bar, it is added. {TXT 1.1}, {TXT 1.2}, etc. Fill-in Bar, Menu+Insert Paragraph numbers. These can be removed using Tools+Book References+Remove... [BH]
-- New - a tool to combine sequential scripture references that occur together, separated by only spaces, commas or semi-colons. Example: John 3:16; John 3:17. This tool will combine this to John 3:16-17. There is also an option to turn off formatting when applying this tool. You can then run the Tooltip routine, or the Scripture Markup routine to restore appropriate formatting. [BH]
-- New - Bold and Italics options when formatting tooltips. [BH]
-- Changed - Triple Marked Book blocks (CMTX) documents does not need to be delimited by a dash (-). The first valid book abbreviation is now used. Old: ÷÷÷Hebrews- New: ÷÷÷The book of Hebrews. [BH, Josh]
-- Changed - Latest iteration of T4 tooltip routine was not combine arithmetic sequences of the type: Genesis 3:3; 3:4; 3:5. It was tooltipped as Gen_3:3; Gen_3:4; Gen_3:5. Now, it is tooltipped as Gen_3:3-5. The construct Genesis 3:3, 4, 5, was tooltipped OK.
-- Fixed - Registry object was not installed. Module Statistics would fail without it.

#402 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

-- New - New "fixup" tools under the Tools menu. T4 will now scan unicode values for character, and assign the necessary RTF "fcharset" values for Greek and Hebrew characters. It does this in this way, it first identifies the appropiate unicode values, changes the font setting for them, I am using the APL385 Unicode font installed by T4, grab the RTF code, find the font table, and which font number has been assigned to APL385, and change it to fcharset161 or fcharset177, depending on if you are working on Greek or Hebrew (or both), and changing the font setting to TITUS Cyberbit Basic. A bit involved, but I have not found another way to do this. See the Tools menu, Greek Unicode Fixup and Hebrew Unicode Fixup. Color is settable in "Settings" Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. Keys: Color-Greek161 and Color-Hebrew177. [Josh, DSaw]

This is a huge hassle and time saver. And it puts Greek/Hebrew within the reach of non-technical module makers for commentaries and dictionaries.. Now, Tooltip will automatically detect your Greek/Hebrew unicode characters, color them blue (if you like), and properly tag them in e-Sword. This avoids the Greek errors reported in those chapter by chapter Greek commentaries, for example

Module makers who use ToolTip should use this when making commentaries, dictionaries, Bibles, and Devotionals. This will properly tag the Greek so it does not render as "boxes" on certain Windows configurations. This method also respects e-Sword's Greek and Hebrew font settings.

#403 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Version 1.26- 7/8/2012
-- Changed - Greek and Hebrew fixups changed so that included spaces between words are coded the same color and font. Added because of display issue when color RTF tags interspersed with unicode.

#404 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Asking (possibly) a stupid question. Does this new fix recognize non-unicode Greek format and convert it to unicode? Trying to understand what's being described in the updates.

#405 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Asking (possibly) a stupid question. Does this new fix recognize non-unicode Greek format and convert it to unicode? Trying to understand what's being described in the updates.

No. The "non-unicode" Greek format you describe is really a "legacy Greek font". The idea was: "aasdkliwdc" (or other jibberish) might render as Greek characters when a certain font was applied. That is referred to as "legacy" because the universal standard is now unicode. It is possible to convert text written with Legacy fonts to unicode using Microsoft Word macros (and other utilities). Click here and scroll to the Galaxie Font section.

This new feature in T4 tags Greek and Hebrew characters, already in unicode format, so that e-Sword "knows" the characters are Greek or Hebrew. The majority of Hebrew and Greek I run into are in unicode format--except some older PDFs.

The TEST for knowing if your text is rendered in a legacy font or unicode is: Copy the text into Microsoft Word. Change the font to Times New Roman. Does most of the text still render as foreign language characters? If yes, it's probably unicode. If you see jibberish English characters (i.e. idsaletos), then it's probably a legacy font. Of course, if you want to be thorough, you can always open the RTF file in notepad and find where the Greek/Hebrew resides. If the characters are assembled with unicode characters like \'e7 or \u8043 ? or \u9102 ? etc, it's unicode. Otherwise, it's a legacy font.

#406 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi Brent, I get these couple of errors when reading in the TSKe module. Any ideas?

tx4ole17
---------------------------
Unexpected Text Control error.
(1-1d09)
OK
tx4ole17
(1-1d03)
OK

Thanks

#407 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hi Brent, I get these couple of errors when reading in the TSKe module. Any ideas?

tx4ole17
(1-1d09)
OK
tx4ole17
(1-1d03)
OK

Thanks

As the reports say, "Unexpected Text Control Error". The documentation for Text Control, the text display engine used by T4 and by e-Sword does not give many hints as to what the error codes mean. As for the TSKe - do not try to read the whole file. It will not work. Also, I've learned some things about Text Control, such as the fact that it does not fully support Right to Left Unicode (read - Hebrew). I also have looked briefly at the TKSe - and encountered the errors you report, and I believe that they happen to occur in the Book sections of the TSKe, but more work needs to be done.

So my summary - I don't yet know what is causing these errors, and don't try to do much work on the TSKe as at this time it probably won't be that profitable.

#408 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Ok thanks.

#409 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Version 1.27- 7/11/2012
-- New - Menu: Tools+Format Strong Numbers. Applies color (default e-Sword green) and superscript. Also deletes leading zeros, ex: G0863 changes to G863.
-- New - Copy Selection as BB Code now uses Unicode
-- New - Copy function now also places HTML on the Clipboard. Handy for copying and pasting into programs which support this format but perhaps not RTF.
-- Updated - Sequential Reference combination tool modified - if an invalid reference is included, the tool till skip the string. Also, the new replacement string is formatted for tooltips immediately.
-- Private - CMTX Reading tool which works around a Text Control "bug". Slow, but works. I may expose this option later to end users. Works with files such as the TSKe.

#410 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Is T4 capable of producing searchable Greek/Hebrew in Bible modules.

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users