Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Soft breaks or hard breaks in e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT v2.57?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jogegore

Jogegore

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:13 AM

Hello everyone!

I need your help please.

I do not understand why, when I save a ".bblx" file from Modules>Bible>Save Bible File book chap:verse in e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT v2.57, does not allow me to do so because I get the following error:

Error

Report the following:

SYNTAX ERROR

BGen3Ref[6]

Consider the image attached by way of example (my Bible translation is in Spanish).

How do I correct this problem automatically? Do I have to convert the hard breaks to soft breaks manually? Will there be most practical way to do this?

What is really happening?

Greetings and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

P. D. I have attached the RTF file that I'm working on, for if you decide to convert it to .bblx.

Attached Files

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:36 AM

Hi
looking at the image of the error,
you need a soft break in Mat 1:20.
go to the line below Mat 1:20 -Jose .. put your cursor or mouse before the -, press backspace.
It should take you back to line of Mat 1:20. Keep your cursor ther, press Shift and Return at the same time. This produces a soft break.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 Jogegore

Jogegore

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

Hi
looking at the image of the error,
you need a soft break in Mat 1:20.
go to the line below Mat 1:20 -Jose .. put your cursor or mouse before the -, press backspace.
It should take you back to line of Mat 1:20. Keep your cursor ther, press Shift and Return at the same time. This produces a soft break.

Thanks

Thanks Patchworkid!

First of all, thanks for your answer.

Now then, I am going to give him a soft breaks in Matthew 1:20, another in Matthew 2:2 later in Matthew 2:4, then Matthew 2:6, also in Matthew 2:13 ... and so on. This is very annoying and time-consuming!

Therefore, how do I correct this problem automatically? Do I have to convert the hard breaks to soft breaks manually? Will there be most practical way to do this?

Thanks.

#4 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

Therefore, how do I correct this problem automatically? Do I have to convert the hard breaks to soft breaks manually? Will there be most practical way to do this?

Thanks.

I see that after a line-break is a __

So save your RTF make a backup and open the RTF with Notepad (from Microsoft Windows).

Look for \par__ or \par __

Copy and edit replace all

\par __

\line __

Now is the hard break with a __ a soft-break with __.

save it and use again TooltipTool.

Edited by Katoog, 18 May 2015 - 04:41 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

Attached is a T4 macro file which can be used to convert hard to soft breaks in Bible projects.  It does not have a lot of error checking so backup your work before using this macro.  To use it click on the first paragraph where you want to start.  The macro works on the selected portion of text. So here is how to use it:

1) Copy the contents from the attached zip file (i.e., unzip it) into your  "users\[Your user name]\documents\e-Sword Tooltip NT" folder.

2) Click on the position in your document that you want to start and select to the end of the portion of text you want to work on

3) Click Tools+Macros+BibleParaHard2Soft

What this does is that it selects paragraphs of the selected , and checks to see if a valid scripture reference is at the start of the paragraph.  If not, it will select the

previous paragraph and the current paragraph and remove any hard breaks.  It assumes that all scripture references are at the very beginning of the line, no spaces. 

Backup your files before running this macro.

Attached Files

#6 Jogegore

Jogegore

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Thanks BH!

It is exactly what i wanted.

Automatically converts the hard breaks to soft breaks.

I did not know that MACROS could be used in e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT.

Thank you very much BH.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users