Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

My NEW Favorite Bible APP

35 replies to this topic

#11 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Hi all,

just as suggestion....  Josh can you make a list of 3rd party module for iPad for those who do not know to convert over.

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#12 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what all did you have to do to convert the modules into iPhone format? There are quite a few resources here I would love to have on my iPhone. I just got through installing it, and I'm first trying to get modules that I've bought installed.

I use Tootlip Tool NT to create the iPad/iPhone e-Sword modules.

#13 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Is there a repository for e-Sword iOS resources?

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Is there a repository for e-Sword iOS resources?

Brent's been adding iOS resources to certain download file listings. He usually uploads an Apple version of the modules he happens to use, along side the PC version.

But the issue with any wide spread repository here or elsewhere is how does the average person get the resource into the iPad? The average person here needs my e-Sword module installer because copying a file to the right folder is too technical (for them). Using iFunBox to transfer the module is easy for most regulars here, yet several times harder than manually installing an e-Sword module. My point: 99% of our users would not be able to manually install an HD/LT module on their device.

The solution is for e-Sword HD/LT to automate the installation of third party modules, like theWord's iPad app does (see change-log for 22 Feb 2013). Or, for someone to create an e-Sword HD/LT module installer that copies the module to the iPad folder (which is what iFunBox does, except our program would be automated). Such an "HD/LT Module Installer" (if you will) is beyond what I can do. 

#15 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

e-Sword LT is a winner. I thought it would be hard to read, but it's very easy to set the fonts to whatever you want. I got all of my purchased modules installed except one that I couldn't find. Complete Word Study does not appear to be available for it - at least yet. Regardless, I have no complaints and am very happy with the performance. I'll try it this Wednesday night at church. Navigation to the various resources is fast and easy. In short, I highly recommend e-Sword LT.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#16 JohanMa

JohanMa

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKrugersdorp

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

I am using e-Sword LT to great effect.

I am building a dictionary module - does anyone know what the format of the Scripture references is please, e.g. Joh_3:16 for e-Sword LT?

In His Name.

#17 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

e-Sword TooltipTool NT will build iPad/iPhone dictionary modules and will format ALL scripture references automagically for you.  But if you insist on building your own, the format is:

<ref>Joh 3:16</ref>

#18 JohanMa

JohanMa

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKrugersdorp

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Much appreciated.

Will <ref>Joh 3:16</ref> result in green / underline as well or should I add that?

#19 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

The format is <ref>Joh 3:16</ref>.  HD/LT takes care of the rest. 

#20 JohanMa

JohanMa

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKrugersdorp

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Excellent, thank you.

In His Name.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic