Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

My NEW Favorite Bible APP

35 replies to this topic

#1 lemmonsaid

lemmonsaid

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBenton, KY

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

I recently downloaded the new e-Sword app for iPhone/iPod. I have found it to be the most beautiful of all the Bible apps I have tried. I have five Bible apps on my iPod--the new e-Sword app is by far the most helpful!!! The ease of use of the new e-Sword app is totally amazing. I can't imagine anything more helpful than the way this app has been designed. I love it. I blogged about it here:  http://wp.me/p2VTGe-9e

#2 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I have now installed e-Sword LT.  Using iFunBox, I copied over a number of Bibles, Reference modules and Commentaries I have for e-Sword HD, and they just worked!  Very cool. 

#3 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

David,

Your link doesn't work for some reason.  Is your site down?

-Brad

#4 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

David,

Your link doesn't work for some reason.  Is your site down?

-Brad

Bradley,

I just now tried it and it works fine for me. He may have been editing the site or page when you checked. Try again and see if you're not successful.

<>< Earl

Edited by EarlMelton, 22 April 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#5 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Bradley....its about an hour after your post...its working now ! I must say...."Lemmonsaid" left a quite impressive blog posting on the site. The kind of info folks will read...to help make their minds up about this new E-sword app.

Dartmaster644

PS: Lemmonsaid....thanks for your input....very useful !!

#6 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Thank you sincerely for your review. This is something I must get.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Can you install 3rd party modules easily yet? Such as, being able to download a module to the device and the e-Sword app installing it? That's why I lost interest. It's not hard to do--a novice programmer wrote an iPad app for another free Bible software program that does the "easy module install".

T4 generates modules compatible with e-Sword for the ipad/iphone/ipod. And people can use iFunBox to install them. But most users can't understand that.

Without this ability, you will be locked into Rick's theological grid of the resources he provides. Not that there's anything wrong with Rick's theological grid. But you won't be seeing many of the resources here unless you can install them yourself and in many cases, use T4 to convert the module.

#8 lemmonsaid

lemmonsaid

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBenton, KY

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Can you install 3rd party modules easily yet? Such as, being able to download a module to the device and the e-Sword app installing it? That's why I lost interest. It's not hard to do--a novice programmer wrote an iPad app for another free Bible software program that does the "easy module install".

T4 generates modules compatible with e-Sword for the ipad/iphone/ipod. And people can use iFunBox to install them. But most users can't understand that.

Without this ability, you will be locked into Rick's theological grid of the resources he provides. Not that there's anything wrong with Rick's theological grid. But you won't be seeing many of the resources here unless you can install them yourself and in many cases, use T4 to convert the module.

Josh,

I do not think that is possible, at least not easily.

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

As far as I can see, iFunBox is still very necessary...

That said, it works!  iFunBox works.  e-Sword LT works.  I have MY 3rd party modules installed. 

#10 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

As far as I can see, iFunBox is still very necessary...

That said, it works!  iFunBox works.  e-Sword LT works.  I have MY 3rd party modules installed. 

If you don't mind me asking, what all did you have to do to convert the modules into iPhone format? There are quite a few resources here I would love to have on my iPhone. I just got through installing it, and I'm first trying to get modules that I've bought installed.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users