Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

My NEW Favorite Bible APP

35 replies to this topic

#21 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

hi 

just a question... If Tool Tip Tool NT format ALL scripture references automagically for you

Why do it manually?

Would that take more time to do... that is why God inspired BH to make Tool Tip Tool.  To save a lot of time and get more modules made to bless others.

thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 20 June 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#22 cogoppastor

cogoppastor

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

I am trying to get to topic notes on the iPhone 6 plus in e-sword LT. Can you tell me how to do that. I could not find a way to post a new subject.

Thanks

#23 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:00 AM

When will we be able to get something like this for android phones and tablets? Yes, I'm familiar with MySword and have it installed, but it can't compare to the e-Sword app that I had on my iPad a few years back. I think Josh had a write-up about it on the home page of this site. To be honest, that was the only thing I liked about the iPad, but I had to try one, along with an iPhone, to see what all the hoopla was about. As soon as my contract was up, I went back to the much more user-friendly android phones and tablets. I now have a Galaxy Tab 4 tablet and a Galaxy S5 phone and will never commit iAdultery again. :-)

Edited to add: I tapped on the new link on the home page this morning and it took me to page 1 of this thread where I was replying to the first post from (I think) lemonsaid about his favorite app. At the time, I didn't realize it didn't bring me directly here. This is where my reply ended up, though. ???

Edited by EarlMelton, 03 March 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#24 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

When will we be able to get something like this for android phones and tablets? Yes, I'm familiar with MySword and have it installed, but it can't compare to the e-Sword app that I had on my iPad a few years back. I think Josh had a write-up about it on the home page of this site. To be honest, that was the only thing I liked about the iPad, but I had to try one, along with an iPhone, to see what all the hoopla was about. As soon as my contract was up, I went back to the much more user-friendly android phones and tablets. I now have a Galaxy Tab 4 tablet and a Galaxy S5 phone and will never commit iAdultery again. :-)

Edited to add: I tapped on the new link on the home page this morning and it took me to page 1 of this thread where I was replying to the first post from (I think) lemonsaid about his favorite app. At the time, I didn't realize it didn't bring me directly here. This is where my reply ended up, though. ???

Hi Earl,

Well, what can I say?! This has to be totally unreal.

Now that you have a Galaxy S5, and a Galaxy Tab 4, and if you happen to own either a Windows PC or even a Mac PC, you can sync your Samsung Galaxy devices to either of them using SideSync. You've seen the Screenshot before, but I'll show you it again.

e-Sword & My Sword Side by Side - Tablet.jpg

In the above Screenshot, this shows  me running Tablet on my PC using SideSync. The Screenshot below shows me running MySword on my Phone, using SideSync on the PC alongside e-Sword

e-Sword & MySword Side by Side - Phone.jpg

You can also run your phone on your tablet using SideSync.

To be able to do this, you need to have SideSync installed on all your devices. This means on your phone, tablet, and/or your PC.

I can say this with all confidence. Using SideSync, and having my phone connected to my PC is really handy.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#25 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

But this means that the desktop PC has to be booted up and running e-Sword at home while I'm off in the boonies -- hopefully with i'Net connectivity -- in order for it to work. Correct? I experimented with that sometime early last year or whenever it was first posted and it did indeed work. I don't leave the PC on 24/7/365, though, and thought maybe a self-contained, syncing app had been developed for the iDevices. Guess I just misread or misunderstood the more recent posts. Another drawback would be the 32" flat-screen monitor I use at home. I have e-sword set down to an 11-point font (really need to set it smaller) and would probably never be able to read on the tablet, much less the phone. Guess I'll just keep hoping for an e-Sword app that will snyc my notes and personal work to the desktop no matter where I'm at or which device I'm using at any given time, even if said desktop PC is on a shelf in the repair shop and waiting to be looked at. For the Bible itself, I get along fairly well with the Olive Tree mobile software when I'm away and prefer it over MySword.

I do appreciate your reply and this website though as e-Sword will always be my first choice for a Bible application!

#26 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hi Earl,

Basically, in order to use SideSync you need to have the following:

• SideSync installed on all your devices. Sorry about having to repeat myself here.
  • Internet Connection using Wi-Fi
  • or a USB cable going from your phone and/or tablet to your PC.

Now, its important to note that this is not the same as remote connection from one device to another, despite there being some similarities. SideSync works like an emulator, except you can use your device, e.g., your phone either on your PC or tablet and use and work from your other device at the same time.

Another way to put this (using my phone as an example), is by having my phone emulated and synced to my PC, I can work from my PC and it doesn't effect the emulator. I can make calls, text, answer calls through SideSync, and still work from my PC. I can also copy an paste from PC to phone and Phone to PC. I can also drag and drop files from the phone to the PC, and vise versa This works the same with the tablet synced to the PC.

When it comes to using Wi-Fi, this really comes in handy because it means I can leave my phone in another room, e.g, the lounge, and work on PC in my study. So, this makes life a whole heap better because it means I can also work with apps, i.e, MySword in conjunction e-Sword and copy and paste data from one program to another without a problem at all. And what is more advantageous, is that when it comes to having to answering a call, I don't have to race to the lounge to answer my phone as I can do it from my PC. Another thing is that makes this more advantageous, is that I don't have to cart my phone with me all over the place, and have it physically with me.

I trust this will be more helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 04 March 2016 - 02:10 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#27 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

hi

when you leave the house and on your phone or tablet, do you have to keep the PC on all the time (without turning it off)? So you can use it on the go?

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#28 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

PWK asked my question better than I did and in far less words! But I have one more part of it.

Will this sync between them the same way as Gmail? My desktop PC can be unplugged and stored in the attic, although I can't imagine why I'd do that. I can take my tablet and travel nearly 300 miles to my sister's in Oklahoma. I can send a few e-mails, add, delete or edit a contact or two, etc., etc. while there, and the changes will almost instantly also be on my phone, even if I had forgotten to take it on the trip with me and the battery charge may have totally depleted.

While I'm at my Sis', can I also take some sermon notes at her church or whatever and will they also be in e-Sword when I get back? If so, I'm going to try this and live happily ever after! It sounds to this old feeble mind like the PC would have to be powered up and online for the 3 or 4 days I'm gone, though.

The other point is that, I'm not really interested in syncing MySword with anything. I'll likely uninstall it to save storage space on everything. I hope all this is a bit more clear. I tend to ramble. :-(

#29 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:44 PM

hi

when you leave the house and on your phone or tablet, do you have to keep the PC on all the time (without turning it off)? So you can use it on the go?

thanks

PWK asked my question better than I did and in far less words! But I have one more part of it.

Will this sync between them the same way as Gmail? My desktop PC can be unplugged and stored in the attic, although I can't imagine why I'd do that. I can take my tablet and travel nearly 300 miles to my sister's in Oklahoma. I can send a few e-mails, add, delete or edit a contact or two, etc., etc. while there, and the changes will almost instantly also be on my phone, even if I had forgotten to take it on the trip with me and the battery charge may have totally depleted.

While I'm at my Sis', can I also take some sermon notes at her church or whatever and will they also be in e-Sword when I get back? If so, I'm going to try this and live happily ever after! It sounds to this old feeble mind like the PC would have to be powered up and online for the 3 or 4 days I'm gone, though.

The other point is that, I'm not really interested in syncing MySword with anything. I'll likely uninstall it to save storage space on everything. I hope all this is a bit more clear. I tend to ramble. :-(

To answer you both, the answer is, No.

Notice what I said,

Now, its important to note that this is not the same as remote connection...

Of which this should have been, "Remote PC connection."

Your Wi-Fi, which comes from each individual device has to be connected through the same modem/router. If you are using Public Wi-Fi, your devices has to be connected to the same Public Wi-Fi provider.

Usually when using SideSync, you would use at home, or at an office, or a Motel or Hotel where Wi-Fi is provided.

Using my system as an example (considering I don't know what yours are) 2 Degrees are both my Mobile and home Broadband/Fiber provider. When using my Home Broadband, I use Wi-Fi for all my devices. which networks through my Wireless Modem Router. And from there I can connect my phone to either my PC or Tablet, and I can connect my Tablet to my PC using SideSync.

I trust this is a heap more clearer to you both (and anyone else who may wish to know), or perhaps this video can explain better.

What is demonstrated on this video is exactly the same as on a PC.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 05 March 2016 - 07:56 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#30 Son seeker

Son seeker

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

Any news about an e-Sword "universal app" for Windows 10?

Would love to have it on my Surface tablet and Windows phone.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users