Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

My NEW Favorite Bible APP

35 replies to this topic

#31 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

Any news about an e-Sword "universal app" for Windows 10?

Would love to have it on my Surface tablet and Windows phone.

There isn't one.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#32 Son seeker

Son seeker

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:44 PM

Anyone close to Rick know if a Windows 10 touch enabled version of e-Sword is planned?

I've used e-Sword for years now and hope it will be updated as a universal app for Windows 10 devices (PC, tablet, phone).

Would anybody else be interested in this also?

Edited by Son seeker, 11 March 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#33 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:54 PM

Anyone close to Rick know if a Windows 10 touch enabled version of e-Sword is planned?

I've used e-Sword for years now and hope it will be updated as a universal app for Windows 10 devices (PC, tablet, phone).

Would anybody else be interested in this also?

If you really want to know, the best way you can find out is by asking him yourself

Just simply click here and ask him what is happening, and I'm quite certain that he will tell you.

With that said, with the way e-Sword is at present, has been tested on Surface Pro 3 (and I think on Surface Pro 4) and ran without any problems. And should run without any problems on Surface Book Pro. Also, going by comments on this site, e-Sword 10.4 ran quite successfully on PCs with touch screens using Windows 8 and/or 8.1

Just to clarify as to what Universal Windows is and what it isn't. Windows 10 for PC is not the same as Windows 10 for Xbox, and Phone. That means you cannot not run a PC version of a program on Xbox or Window Phone and etc. Where the Universality comes in, is in the compiling of the program. In other words it means that you write the code once, and then compile that code for the platform it is to run on. All this work is done using Visual Studio 2015 and using the C# and/or C++ programming languages.

Creating "Universal" Apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone is done in Visual Studio C# using Xamarin Forms. It uses the same principle of Write Once - Cross Compile using the Xamarin Compiler.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 11 March 2016 - 05:00 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#34 Son seeker

Son seeker

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

I asked twice and didn't receive a reply, therefore I thought maybe somebody here closer to Rick might know of any plans concerning a new version of e-Sword.

I use e-Sword on my Surface tablet already, but it is not optimized for touch and pretty difficult to use without a mouse. Also, I have to use another Bible program on my Windows phone since e-Sword isn't available for it yet.

Since version 10.4 is getting close to 2 years old I was hoping that a new version optimized for touch and available for Windows phone might be in the works.

Sounds like that's not the case . . . ?

#35 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

I use e-Sword on my Surface tablet already, but it is not optimized for touch and pretty difficult to use without a mouse.

OK, considering that I don't know what version of the Surface tablet you're using, and what version of Windows you're running on it, and thus assuming its an early version running Windows 8, here is perhaps the craziest suggestion I can make, but one which hopefully will help you.

Microsoft's take on the Surface Book Pro would be an excellent tool, of which I would recommend. The reason for this is that it runs very much like a Laptop/Notebook. Also the keyboard has a mouse-pad on it in the same way as a normal keyboard on a laptop has. The screen size (which is quite generous when considering its a tablet but on the steroid's side) is 13.5", which isn't too bad at all. Moreover, like the Surface 4 Pro, it also comes with a decent sized stylus.

a43a8321-063d-4157-80ca-57927309e2c5.jpg

I think this would be about the best tool you could have.

Now, from a programmer's perspective. This tool is really excellent because its just about equally grunty as a Desktop PC, as such can be used as one especially when it comes to software development and testing. But that's another topic and story in itself.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 14 March 2016 - 03:09 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#36 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

I asked twice and didn't receive a reply, therefore I thought maybe somebody here closer to Rick might know of any plans concerning a new version of e-Sword.

I use e-Sword on my Surface tablet already, but it is not optimized for touch and pretty difficult to use without a mouse. Also, I have to use another Bible program on my Windows phone since e-Sword isn't available for it yet.

Since version 10.4 is getting close to 2 years old I was hoping that a new version optimized for touch and available for Windows phone might be in the works.

Sounds like that's not the case . . . ?

These questions have been asked multiple times. I think that it's safe to say that nobody here knows. If Rick made plans like this known, they would be posted here as news. In the meantime, you're welcome to ask Rick yourself:

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users