Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#701 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:37 AM

While I can't duplication your findings exactly, understand that T4 is a single threaded program.  As such I do a periodic yield to the operating system so that things such as the need for window paints can be intercepted and performed, as seen in the progress bars for example.  I can completely block the yields and the program will run a lot faster, but to the user it will appear "unresponsive" or "dead" which if you are doing a long running module such as a Bible build can be disconcerting.  Some modules are fast to build, others slow. Bible modules in my view would be best built in parts.  Assembling them into a single module is very simple and fast. 

#702 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

Can you add a hidden option to block yields, so at least advanced users of T4 can get the speed increase. At least they can have a peek at task manager and see it still working if there is any doubt.

#703 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

Attached is a Macro for T4 which will remove all the yields to the Operating System.  A sample build created a NT Bible module is one-forth the time of usual.  But note that you will get no updates in T4 and it will appear to be non-responsive while the build is running.  To activate it, copy the attached macro (unzipped) into your "..\documents\e-Sword ToolTip NT" folder.  From T4, execute the macro MacroNoGives.  You much run this each time you start the program and once activated, it remains until you restart the program. 

Attached File  MacroNoGives.zip   295bytes   5 downloads

#704 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

Many thanks Brent. I will give it a go.

#705 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Many thanks Brent. I will give it a go.

Let me know what your experience is.  Hopefully this does not break anything as it modifies about 160 individual lines of code - automagically in running code!

#706 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Note that the macro does not perform a lock on a number of GUI objects so just preventing the OS yeilds may not be enough to speed things up. 

#707 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Let me know what your experience is.  Hopefully this does not break anything as it modifies about 160 individual lines of code - automagically in running code!

I responded to Brent on chat. Things need to be rewritten.

#708 RTL

RTL

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

I have a question.

When I create an .refi module for iPad I lose some but not all of my formating. For instance I have bold text that is no longer bold. This does not happen if it is created as a .topx file for regular e-Sword.

If I try to just use the e-SwordHDModuleConvert utility the tool tips no longer work but the formatting is correct.

#709 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

For the Module Converter to create tooltips, the color in the TOPX module must be green.  No other color will work with the Converter. 

As for loosing formatting, I would need to see your file.

#710 RTL

RTL

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the note on the green tool tips.

Attached is an example of my issue:

Line 147 shows as bold in both .rtf and .refi

Line 151 shows as bold in .rtf but not in .refi

Line 160, 161, 162 are bold in .rtf but not in .refi

All of these issues are basically the same throughout the document but seem to work perfectly as a .topx file.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, I'm sure that it's something that I am doing but I can't seem to figure it out.

Attached File  2015-q2-te-book-of-luke.rtf   1.13MB   5 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users