Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Why not appear the accents or ñ letter when you open the file ".bblx" in e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT v2.37?

36 replies to this topic

#11 Jogegore

Jogegore

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

Thanks "BH"!

It was exactly what I wanted.

However, in the comments section (#define comments) and some names of books, do not have the accent, for example: Instead of G?n it should say Gén, in 'xo would be Éxo, etc. I have resolved these errors by making a replacement.

Finally, why when I try to save the ".bblx" file from Modules>Bible>Save Bible File book chap:verse (because I have made some corrections), I get the following error legend: "Bad Reference".

What is that?

Attached Files

#12 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:26 AM

Comment section - I'm not seeing what you are seeing in v2.38

Bad Reference - first, When T4 READS a BBLX file, it uses English book names, thus I have to conclude you edited the Gen 1 reference.  That said, the reason T4 does not recognize a reference is due to the book abbreviation not being in the Abbreviation List.  Check to be sure that your abbreviation list has the abbreviations required for your project.  Copy the default internal list to a new list and then edit and use that list for your project.

#13 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

However, in the comments section (#define comments) and some names of books, do not have the accent, for example: Instead of G?n it should say Gén, in 'xo would be Éxo, etc. I have resolved these errors by making a replacement.

Finally, why when I try to save the ".bblx" file from Modules>Bible>Save Bible File book chap:verse (because I have made some corrections), I get the following error legend: "Bad Reference".

What is that?

If I understand this correctly, you are creating a non-English Bible. The one thing is that in T4 you do not need to change the abbreviated references to the language you are creating it for. e-Sword changes the book names and references when the language of your choice is selected from the Option Menu.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 13 October 2014 - 02:46 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#14 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

Brent, isn't the "issue" caused by the user selecting the setting in "T4" under Scripture -> Spanish. So....what happens when the Bible is read-in. Where are the abbreviations taken from?

Jon

#15 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

Jon - No.

The Spanish option here is only for CREATING tooltips.  When a BBLX file is read in, English names are used.  If the Abbreviations are not being recognized, that is an issue with the Abbreviation list in use.

BH

#16 Jogegore

Jogegore

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

Thanks Again "BH" And "APsit190"!

In effect, only names of books in English was the solution.

However, again when I try to save the ".bblx" file from Modules>Bible>Save Bible File book chap:verse, I get another error message:

PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED PICTURE.
  • What is the cause of this error?
  • Is it because the words of Genesis 2:23 are separated on different lines or sentences?
  • "e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT v2.38" not allow to separate a verse on different lines or sentences?
  • How can I omit this "error window" without being pressing the "OK" button?

Thank you in advance for everything.

Attached Files

#17 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

Hi

try using Shift+Return which will give you a soft break instead of Return which is a full or complete break.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#18 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

Jon - No.

The Spanish option here is only for CREATING tooltips.  When a BBLX file is read in, English names are used.  If the Abbreviations are not being recognized, that is an issue with the Abbreviation list in use.

BH

Brent, could you do one practical test along with me. Set the option to Spanish and read in a bblx file that contains the 66 Bible books. I get them with errors G?n N?m G?l  etc Whereas setting to English does not have the issue.

Jon

#19 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

I see the issue Jon and it is a UTF-8/Ansi encoding issue and I have a simple fix where the book name is inserted into the display.  What I don't see is where in my code the English and Spanish names are being switched, but clearly they are!  ...  found it. 

I have fixed the issue in reading BBLX file, but I'm sure there are issues in other places such as reading CMTX and NOTX files.  

#20 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

Update, T4 v2.39 posted. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users