Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to install modules with eSword for Mac

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 cvquesty

cvquesty

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

Man, none of this really helps if you don't have a PC.  

We need a converter that runs natively on the Mac platform that can read all these awesome resources available on here, and import, convert, or otherwise mutilate for use in E-sword X.

Perhaps this should be an E-Sword X internal feature?

#32 Fieds

Fieds

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

My biggest problem is that I don't appear to have an e-Sword module directory. Greg's original post says you can manually edit your modules by "selecting the Open C Drive in Finder button, and navigate down to the Program Files/e-Sword directory." Within Program Files, I have no e-Sword directory. My folders are Common Files, e-Sword Module Installer, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Windows Media Player, Windows NT. Why is there not an e-Sword directory to save the modules to?

#33 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

My biggest problem is that I don't appear to have an e-Sword module directory. Greg's original post says you can manually edit your modules by "selecting the Open C Drive in Finder button, and navigate down to the Program Files/e-Sword directory." Within Program Files, I have no e-Sword directory. My folders are Common Files, e-Sword Module Installer, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Windows Media Player, Windows NT. Why is there not an e-Sword directory to save the modules to?

OK, your Documents folder us about the only place where you will find an e-Sword folder for personal work. If one isn't there, it should be no hassle to create one yourself. Just name one as, e-Sword. Then in your Options Menu, click on the Resource... menu item, and the Resource Options dialog will open. Then at the bottom of the dialog, where it says, User Files Location, click on the button with a Folder icon, and then from there select the e-Sword folder you created in your Documents folder.

The usual default resource folder for e-Sword is:

• Windows 64 bit edition: C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword
  • Windows 32 bit edition: C:\Program Files\e-Sword

Now They are the default ones, but you can have install the resources anywhere you want to providing you tell e-Sword where they are.

Blessings

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 25 October 2016 - 07:09 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#34 ARTompkins

ARTompkins

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

Again, all of this information is great, if you would like to run an emulator, or secondary partition. I am still struggling to see why we haven't created a program, or direct function in e-Sword X to be able to run these programs or convert them without having to have/run a windows platform/os. 

I agree with 

cvquesty

we need to come up with something for the community of Mac users, because outside of LOGOS this is our only option, and honestly this is the only feasible option as LOGOS wants us to sacrifice our first born child to be able to afford any of their packages. . . and outside of God coming and telling me to do that it's not happening.

#35 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Again, all of this information is great, if you would like to run an emulator, or secondary partition. I am still struggling to see why we haven't created a program, or direct function in e-Sword X to be able to run these programs or convert them without having to have/run a windows platform/os. 

I agree with 

cvquesty

we need to come up with something for the community of Mac users, because outside of LOGOS this is our only option, and honestly this is the only feasible option as LOGOS wants us to sacrifice our first born child to be able to afford any of their packages. . . and outside of God coming and telling me to do that it's not happening.

I think if you want e-Sword related tools for Macs, and you're a developer/programmer, or that you know how to program (write code), then I don't see why you can't write your own tools and share them with the community here.

Most users e-Sword users use Windows PC. Macs and Linux are in the fragile minority (as in an extreme rare species almost to the point of extinction). I think that if you don't have a Windows PC of some sort or another, then you will have to suffer. And if you're anything like me, hate suffering, then you would have some sort of a Windows device, such as a laptop of one sort or another, so that you can use tools on it to stuff that needs to be done for your e-Sword X.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#36 Donnie3wolves

Donnie3wolves

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

I have e-Sword X on my mac and cannot download anything from this site it states i donot have an app that will open them. This is really frustrating it seems none of theses downloads are compatible with e-Sword X am i wrong I hope so. in needof help please

#37 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

I have e-Sword X on my mac and cannot download anything from this site it states i donot have an app that will open them. This is really frustrating it seems none of theses downloads are compatible with e-Sword X am i wrong I hope so. in needof help ple

I have e-Sword X on my mac and cannot download anything from this site it states i donot have an app that will open them. This is really frustrating it seems none of theses downloads are compatible with e-Sword X am i wrong I hope so. in needof help please

There is a conversion tool available on the official e-sword website for converting e-sword windows file to mac files

#38 PGFracing

PGFracing

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:45 AM

Does this allow you to convert a pdf file into a reference file? I'm hoping to be able to do this although the search feature in reference books only highlights the word it doesn't take you to that word which is time consuming compared to the way Find/Search normally works on a computer.

#39 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

Does this allow you to convert a pdf file into a reference file? I'm hoping to be able to do this although the search feature in reference books only highlights the word it doesn't take you to that word which is time consuming compared to the way Find/Search normally works on a computer.

The convert only converts files for the windows version of E-Sword to the Mac Version. To create a reference file from a PDF file you will need to use The E-Sword module creation tool known as E-Sword ToolTip NT which can be downloaded from this site:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

#40 ashmen

ashmen

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the very precise steps on how to download modules. I've tried a number of time before only to give up. Following your notes, I can finally see and enjoy the modules. Thanks so much!

Ashley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users