Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to install modules with eSword for Mac

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Michial Brown

Michial Brown

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

I take it this doesn't work with the trial?  I have a mac and when I try to download it says sword isn't detected.

#22 sermonindex

sermonindex

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Wish this was easier for the mac but thank you for posting the clear steps to get this done.

-----

Greg

http://www.sermonindex.net

Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.

#23 rictrician

rictrician

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMountain View Arkansas (USA)

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:54 AM

I installed Esword in crossover. Works great. I copied my modules from my windows installation and copied them as directed and it is totally awesome how well it worked. Great tutorial thanks.

I was wondering how I was going to use Esword with Mac. It is the best bible program out there. :)

Dead in Christ ricky j younger

#24 klkindall@twinvalley.net

klkindall@twinvalley.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Cannot install the bblx using any method listed here or on e-sword training site.

#25 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

I take it this doesn't work with the trial?  I have a mac and when I try to download it says sword isn't detected.

Wish this was easier for the mac but thank you for posting the clear steps to get this done.

Cannot install the bblx using any method listed here or on e-sword training site.

I'm sorry to have to say this, e-Sword is a Windows platform program. Its not an Apple or Linux native program, and therefore one has to learn how to do things which suites those particular operating systems.

Because I'm neither a Linux user (with the exception of my mobile devices), and an Apple user, I have no idea as to what tools are available for these operating systems. However, if using WINE and/or some Apple based zip file extracting software, then you, here's hoping, should not have an issue with installing any resource file on your mac machine. Well, that's the theory, anyway.

Mac/Linux Users might be able to help you further.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 23 November 2014 - 04:41 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#26 MedjugorjeGospa

MedjugorjeGospa

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

I'm having trouble finding the Bible modules (ex ESV) within the Mac/Crossover setup? When I go into downloads > Bibles tab, its appearing blank. 

Is there something I need to do for them to refresh into the list?

Is there a webpage I can get the .exe files from?

Same thing is happening to me. When I go to the ModuleInstaller to install the module to my mac, I get the pop-up "Target directory does not exist!" (with the default). Even when I manually select the file into which it's to be installed ("For Advanced Users" option) to e-Sword Program Files Common Files, and it says "Successfully Installed" nothing appears in either e-Sword OR e-SwordX on my macbook.

#27 jrt_1232

jrt_1232

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:39 PM

Same thing is happening to me. When I go to the ModuleInstaller to install the module to my mac, I get the pop-up "Target directory does not exist!" (with the default). Even when I manually select the file into which it's to be installed ("For Advanced Users" option) to e-Sword Program Files Common Files, and it says "Successfully Installed" nothing appears in either e-Sword OR e-SwordX on my macbook.

I was tinkering with this for a while, found that e-sword X books,bibles,etc go into /Users/"yourusername"Library/Containers/net.e-sword.e-Sword-X/Data/Library

I have converted about 500-600 items to the e-sword format so far. I'm trying to find the best way to upload to this site, but don't want to create too many duplicates

#28 Jessie Roberson

Jessie Roberson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

I would certainly like to have a fix for this issue. Same thing happened to me as I was trying to download and install some modules onto my Mac using eSword on CrossOver... 

#29 Brandy A Coffee Marks

Brandy A Coffee Marks

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:48 AM

All this explanation is well and good "IF" you happen to have Crossover. However, I use Parallels on my iMac and have e-Sword Module installer. Unfortunately, when I go to my bblx bibles in e-sword, they are dimmed, as in greyed out and won't open in e-Sword X. I've 'clicked' on them, as instructed, and nothing happens.

#30 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

All this explanation is well and good "IF" you happen to have Crossover. However, I use Parallels on my iMac and have e-Sword Module installer. Unfortunately, when I go to my bblx bibles in e-sword, they are dimmed, as in greyed out and won't open in e-Sword X. I've 'clicked' on them, as instructed, and nothing happens.

You might try converting the files using the mac converter at the e-sword homepage, The converter is at the bottom of the page linked below

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users