Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to install modules with eSword for Mac

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 chadadams17

chadadams17

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:05 PM

Maybe I'm missing something...I'm trying to download modules using my mac to use on eSword X on my mac. Is there a way to download, convert, and install these modules just using a mac? I tried downloading the converter from the eSword website and it is a .exe file just like the modules, I can't open it either. I'm just so confused as to why there isn't a "Download for Mac" button on the biblesupport website...

#42 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Maybe I'm missing something...I'm trying to download modules using my mac to use on eSword X on my mac. Is there a way to download, convert, and install these modules just using a mac? I tried downloading the converter from the eSword website and it is a .exe file just like the modules, I can't open it either. I'm just so confused as to why there isn't a "Download for Mac" button on the biblesupport website...

Modules for use on the Apple/Mac versions of e-Sword have a different file format than those for use on the windows versions of e-Sword. Modules for the Apple/Mac versions of e-Sword have a file extension that ends in the letter "i" while modules for windows versions of e-Sword have a file extension that ends in the letter "x" 

The Apple/Mac modules file extensions are as follows:

Bible modules for Apple/Mac have the extension "bbli"
Commentary modules have the extension "cmti"
Reference modules have the extension "refi"
Dictionary modules have the extension "dcti" 

Modules on this site that are .exe file are self installing modules for use with Windows versions of e-Sword only.

Unfortunately there is no conversion tool that runs on Apple/Mac computers (although in my opinion it is needed)

As for a button that says "Download for Mac" here on biblesupport it is due to the fact that the majority of modules on this site are for the Windows versions of e-Sword. Each module available on this site has a page with a description of the module along with information indicating which version of e-Sword the module is for. All modules that run on e-Sword version 11 for Windows will also run on the Mac version of Windows  

#43 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationThe Land of the Long White Cloud

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Unfortunately there is no conversion tool that runs on Apple/Mac computers (although in my opinion it is needed)

OK, on that note, there is now a fully blown version of Visual Studio for Macs. If you are a hobbyist or professional software developer/programmer and are a Mac user, and want to be able to contribute to the support e-Sword users by developing tools similar to those created for e-Sword on Windows, then you now have the best opportunity. Click here to download Visual Studio for Mac.

Screenshot of VS for Mac in Coding Mode

Screen-Shot-2017-04-26-at-3.46.30-PM.png

Screenshot of Visual Studio For Mac in Debug Mode

Screen-Shot-2017-04-25-at-2.05.30-PM.png

Development iOS and Android mobile devices (using Xamerin) is also included. As to whether or not one can take VS Studio project created for Windows, and convert on the Mac edition of VS, I don't know. But if one can, then this will open the possibilities of what one can do far and wide with this program.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users