Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#871 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 02:05 PM

Thank you, I am hoping to find someone who can advise me with regard to the whole gamut of deploying content on e-Sword, have lots of footnotes companion articles with supporting detail that I want to cross reference.

I am a management consultant in my work life and know the power of consulting who really knows their way around a particular technology.

e-Sword uses modules for the various content that can be used with the program, there are several different modules type for different types of content. 

Here is a list of the module types:

Bible 
Commentary 
Dictionary 
Bible Reading Plan 
Devotional 
Topic 
Harmony File 
Maps/Graphics 

Each of the module types listed above as different file format  each with it's own four letter file extension. For I go any further, I need to point out that e-Sword is available for the following operating systems Windows, Android, iPad, iPod, and Mac OS.

Creating modules for e-Sword use is very easy once you get the hang of it, Tooltip NT is a word processor that was specially designed for creating modules for e-Sword.  

In order to create what you want to create you will need to create a bible module that will contain the text of the bible. The other information footnotes, and the articles will need go to into a commentary module which will connect to your bible module. e-Sword links bibles, commentaries and dictionaries by design to make bible study as easy as possible. 

Again the users manual that comes with Tooltip NT explains everything in detail to make module creation easier

Edited by Tj Higgins, 28 August 2023 - 02:05 PM.

#872 James_Robertson

James_Robertson

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2023 - 01:31 AM

Thank you so much

Would you be prepared to get on a Zoom call with me so I can show you my content and discuss the best way to move from Microsoft Word to ToolTip Tool NT?

Thanks again :)

Dr James A Robertson

Seeking to help people draw closer to the Creator and Yahooshua {Jesus}.

#873 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 11:51 AM

Thank you so much

Would you be prepared to get on a Zoom call with me so I can show you my content and discuss the best way to move from Microsoft Word to ToolTip Tool NT?

Thanks again :)

If you can email me the content or make it available to download I can take a look at and help you. Talking on Zoom will not let me see that actual content and I need to see what you are working. Please understand that I am in the middle of a large e-Sword project myself but I will make some time to help you

#874 James_Robertson

James_Robertson

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2023 - 03:20 PM

Thank you so much, we can share screens on Zoom so I can explain the finer detail of my queries and you can guide me in terms of exact steps to convert my Word text into ToolTip Tool NT format..

I tried to upload the document but get a message saying I am not permitted to upload this kind of file (Microsoft Word docx)

I can email you my current version based on the KJV but that will necessitate backwards and forwards by email.

My email address is James.Robertson@End-Time-Issue-Ministries.org if you would like to email me and i can send you the document or we can coordinate a Zoom call.

I am going on vacation on Thursday morning and will be offline until the 13th of September so would only be able to meet then.

Note that my message is highly contrroversial to many so once you have seen what i have done you may decide not to advise me :(

Thanks so much for your willingness to help.

Dr James A Robertson

#875 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 03:48 PM

Thank you so much, we can share screens on Zoom so I can explain the finer detail of my queries and you can guide me in terms of exact steps to convert my Word text into ToolTip Tool NT format..

I tried to upload the document but get a message saying I am not permitted to upload this kind of file (Microsoft Word docx)

I can email you my current version based on the KJV but that will necessitate backwards and forwards by email.

My email address is James.Robertson@End-Time-Issue-Ministries.org if you would like to email me and i can send you the document or we can coordinate a Zoom call.

I am going on vacation on Thursday morning and will be offline until the 13th of September so would only be able to meet then.

Note that my message is highly contrroversial to many so once you have seen what i have done you may decide not to advise me :(

Thanks so much for your willingness to help.

If you could upload your files to a cloud drive such as google drive i can download them from there if possible. I not I will email you

As to your the details of your queries and concerns if you could explain them in an email that will be fine 

#876 James_Robertson

James_Robertson

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2023 - 04:12 AM

Thank you

I will respond by email later today :)

Dr James A Robertson

#877 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:38 PM

After installing tooltip and trying to run it, i got the following error:

Report the following:

VALUE ERROR   

SettingsPaths[4]       res-Reg 'Resources'

SettingsPaths[4]  *

Settings[232]

GVars[12]

Start[67]   

#878 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 06:08 AM

Try another T4 build.

#879 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 09:24 AM

ToolTipTool NT 20190819.exe ; I find to be most stable; complete removal of current installation of ToolTip NT is needed to avoid .dll conflicts.

http://www.biblesupp...ws-environment/

#880 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 02:37 PM

ToolTipTool NT 20190819.exe ; I find to be most stable; complete removal of current installation of ToolTip NT is needed to avoid .dll conflicts.

http://www.biblesupp...ws-environment/

Thanks.. This one seems to load.

Question..i notice there is a choice for the apocrypha.

While i use the modules in mysword, is it possible to have apocrypha appear in the book choices?

I know the KJV (and other versions) originally had them, but ive only seen them on the book tab.

Also, do i have to use/know the abbreviations?

Can i say  ÷1.1.2 instead of ÷Gen 1.2?

or will tooltip add the books in for me?

thanks

Edited by gad4, 29 March 2024 - 03:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users