Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#341 MTB

MTB

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

I'm a new user to eSword and have been "playing" so I can get familiar with the program and really like it so far. I've been an onlinebible user since 1985 and think this is a superior product. What I miss are two critical modules that are difficult for me to part with since I write and publish exegetical bible study books, booklets and do live bible studies via web from my bible study groups. If you can obtain the following 2 propgrams to integrate w/eSword, that'd be great!

TWOT: Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament

TDNT: Theological Dictionary of the New Testament

I think your users would love these additions. I had this via OLB and really want to use those here on eSword

If you'd like to join in our live online bible studies via Skype, we generally have a study every evening 7pm Central. Call 512-938-4388 for access info.

2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the Word of Truth.

The Lord's Children.org

#342 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

I'm a new user to eSword and have been "playing" so I can get familiar with the program and really like it so far. I've been an onlinebible user since 1985 and think this is a superior product. What I miss are two critical modules that are difficult for me to part with since I write and publish exegetical bible study books, booklets and do live bible studies via web from my bible study groups. If you can obtain the following 2 propgrams to integrate w/eSword, that'd be great!

TWOT: Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament

TDNT: Theological Dictionary of the New Testament

I think your users would love these additions. I had this via OLB and really want to use those here on eSword

Numerous people have asked for these over the last few years. If I remember correctly, these are under copyright, and we were unable to get permission to use them. I hope that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#343 keyslammer

keyslammer

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

I own a Ryrie study bible. I am looking for its digital equivalent for travel. Can you direct me to a source?

#344 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

hi keyslammer,

is this what you want

http://estudysource.....aspx?pid=K0005

or is it a commentary or map module or topic (book)?

did you want a mysword version?

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#345 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Numerous people have asked for these over the last few years. If I remember correctly, these are under copyright, and we were unable to get permission to use them. I hope that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, they are. However, the one thing is that there are copies of them floating around available for e-Sword irrespective of them being not kosher.

With that said, going by the numerous amount of requests for e-Sword editions of these resources, I find it quite staggering that either Rick Meyers and/or the bloke who own eStudySource (the best way I can put it) hasn't pushed it hard enough for having them made available for e-Sword.

I honestly believe that it will happen in the same way that the NIV came up for e-Sword. Just need to give it a heap of prayer and a heap of pressure on the publishers to allow these resources be made available for e-Sword. Here's a real suggestion; email the publishers of these resources en-mass and tell them that you would like these resources made available for e-Sword.

By the way, it would be really interesting to know just how much the publishers are losing out on potential sales of these resources by not having them made available for e-Sword users.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#346 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

hi keyslammer,

is this what you want

http://estudysource.....aspx?pid=K0005

or is it a commentary or map module or topic (book)?

did you want a mysword version?

thanks

Hi Niobi,

No, that's not what the bloke his looking for. The Ryrie Study Bible has notes in that edition of the Bible. It's something similar to the Life Application Study Bible notes, which is totally different from what you put up. And its not available for e-Sword.

Hope that this clears things up for you, mate.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 07 September 2015 - 03:06 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#347 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

APsit190

Hi APsit90,

I have Ryle.cmtx . It is Expository thoughts on the gospels. no I don't think it is the same

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#348 Lorin Thomason

Lorin Thomason

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:09 AM

This is probably not going to be a "module", but I would love to see footnote marks available to be entered into bibles that have them, and the footnotes to be linked to study notes or better yet, hotlinked similar to the strongs numbers and bible verse popups.

A great example of what I am talking about is the Hebraic Roots Bible and the "notes" that do not display nor have the reference marks in the text like the hard copy has.  Another that I have that is similar is the Aramaic-English New Testament hardbound that I own (but isn't available as an e-sword module) that has extensive footnotes with Aramaic/Hebrew words and meanings and explanations.

So far the only thing you can reference is the entire verse of a chapter whereas often times a single word or phrase is what you want to reference.

I realize this may require updating the program language itself.  But wouldn't it be great to be able to do this!?

#349 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

I acknowledge up front that this is not really what you want but for now it will likely be as close as you're going to get.

1) Make an entry for your verse in the Study Notes Editor by copying the (entire) verse into the editor.

Be sure that the editor is linked/set to follow your location in the Bible, or you have manually set the correct verse reference in the editor.

2) In the editor, mark up the verse with footnote indicators.

3) Add the footnote text.

Attached File  Study Notes 1.JPG   88.26K   5 downloads

4) When that (or any) verse with a corresponding Study Note entry is displayed in the Bible window, the verse reference number will be underlined with a wavy line.

This will tell you to go look in the Study notes for information you may want. Since YOU make the study notes, you will most likely want to review them.

Attached File  Underlined Verse Reference.JPG   26.35K   2 downloads

Maybe this will at least get you close to what you want.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 09 January 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#350 74griff

74griff

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

King James 2000, with words of God in red.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users