Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

The file TX27_WND.DLL has not been found. (Code: 0x000000c1)

17 replies to this topic

#11 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:42 PM

Just now i uninstalled every file that had anything to do with e-sword and reinstalled. Same code. I am running windows 11, does that make difference?

If my guess is right, three things you didn't do:

• Download and installed CCleaner.
  • Using that tool, cleaned your registry
  • Rebooted your computer
  • Then reinstalled e-Sword.

Sorry, my bad, four things you didn't do.

The reason for cleaning the Windows Registry is so the TX27_WND.DLL is erased. And the reason for rebooting your computer is so that everything that your RAM (Random Access Memory) has been cleared, and there now no mention of that corrupt TX27_WND.DLL file.
Great-Job-Emoji.png

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 10 September 2023 - 04:44 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#12 Zack Hursh

Zack Hursh

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 10:28 AM

2020.04.11 is the only version there that I see at the link you gave, what am I missing?

#13 Zack Hursh

Zack Hursh

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 10:31 AM

The version of Windows makes no difference

Here is the link to download ToolTip NT:

http://www.biblesupp...ws-environment/

Download and install version 2019.10.07 that has the TX27.dll file

#14 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 01:10 PM

2020.04.11 is the only version there that I see at the link you gave, what am I missing?

When you actually reach the download screen there are three versions available:

You have to click the download button to move to the next screen which requires you to agree with the terms of downloading by checking a box in the lower left corner of the second screen. Checking this box will activate a blue button that will open the actual download screen where you will find the three versions available for downloading

#15 felipemackie

felipemackie

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 08:43 PM

I have the same problem and I couldnĀ“t fix it even i did everything you recommended

#16 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:27 PM

The file TX27_WND.DLL is specific to the following version of e-Sword Tooltip NT: Version 2019.1007, this version was released on 10/07/2019. The file is the text control file used by Tooltip NT in creating modules. It was replaced with TX28_WND.DLL in November 2019 with the release of the following version of Tooltip: Version 2020/04/11 which was released on November 11, 2019. 

According to the Tooltip download page here on Bible Support, the two versions of Tooltip mentioned above are compatible with e-Sword versions 12 and 13 only. 

Both of the DLL files seem have bugs that cause problems with e-Sword for Windows

If you are already using e-Sword versions 12 or 13 then try the following:

Uninstall e-Sword Tooltip NT
After the uninstall check to see if either of the Tooltip folders remain one of these folders is located in the Program Files (x86) folder and the other is located in Documents folder. If either folder remains manually delete them. 
Download the following version of e-Sword Tooltip NT from here on Bible Support: 

• Version 2019.0818 08/18/2019 Note: This version is one of the three versions available on the Tooltip download page.

Install this version of Tooltip NT. Note this version will install TX24_WND.DLL which e-Sword 12 and 13 should not have any issues with. 

#17 kwbowman

kwbowman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 01:05 PM

I have run this app on PC #1 for years then this error popped up.  At the time ToolTip was not installed and installing it had no effect.  I grew tired of the issue and installed it on a Hyper V PC running same OS.  Works fine.  I will probably end up using something like ccleaner to scrub the registry

Thanks guys

#18 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 07:07 PM

I have run this app on PC #1 for years then this error popped up.  At the time ToolTip was not installed and installing it had no effect.  I grew tired of the issue and installed it on a Hyper V PC running same OS.  Works fine.  I will probably end up using something like ccleaner to scrub the registry

Thanks guys

It has to due with recent modules created using one of the last two releases of Tooltip NT which use newer text controls. So if a module has been created using one of the those two releases, e-Sword is looking for the one of the newer text control dll files

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users