Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword Android File storage

13 replies to this topic

#11 Stewy

Stewy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 10:41 AM

My android phone is a motorola moto g(7). No (files) folder in the file structure of the phone. No indication in any of the phones file structure of where any user files or program files are except for the backup files which are placed in the download folder.
Any clues or ideas how android stores these files for esword??

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 November 2023 - 07:20 PM

My android phone is a motorola moto g(7). No (files) folder in the file structure of the phone. No indication in any of the phones file structure of where any user files or program files are except for the backup files which are placed in the download folder.

Watch the video for your answer.

Trust you find this helpful,

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 29 November 2023 - 07:26 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#13 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:22 PM

My idea is that unless someone "roots" their Android phone or device, the folder that the Bible modules and other modules are stored in is secured by Android from being viewed and from being copied from.  At this time I have very little interest in rooting my Android phone and gaining full administrative rights (but at the same time causing unknown security risks to my cell phone while also diminishing the ability and willingness of my cell phone service provider to assist me with any subsequent phone issues that I might have). Thus, I am in the same boat as APsit190 states in his video, and I have no idea of exactly which folder(s) these files are located in. 

ElderB

#14 Stewy

Stewy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 09:44 AM

Thank You APsit190 and ElderB for your help. Much appreciated. Because of the complexity of the file structure and how all my phones app program files are deeply embedded I will leave the issue as is.
I had wanted to find the location of the original study notes and highlights files and share them with my wife on her phone, but realized instead that when I backup my files I can take those backup note and highlight files and send them to her phone where she can then import them into her e-sword app. That worked well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users