Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

User File Location problem

3 replies to this topic

#1 rgbruno

rgbruno

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 05:16 PM

Information

1. During installation, my User File Location is automatically being set as a OneDrive location. I did not know I had a OneDrive; I never use it. I want to place my .notx file in an easy to find location for backup and giving to others.

2. In Manual, Chapter 10, “Changing Where e-Sword Reads Study Notes”, “Warning” has occurred. I changed Options\Resource Settings\User File Location to C:\Program files (x86)\e-Sword (I’ve tried other folders also), but my .notx file is now in C:\Users\rgbru\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword. “Changing… Study Notes” does not do what I expected.

Three questions:

1. Is it impossible to change my “User File Location,” using Options\Resource, to C:\Program files (x86)\e-Sword (or another folder)?

2. During installation, is there a way to control “User File Location”?

3. Should I just give up and yield to the OneDrive location installation is choosing? This is a minor inconvenience compared to all I gain from this wonderful program.

Thank  you very much.

#2 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 11:01 PM

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but using the Options Menu and then the Resource Options, on my e-Sword for Windows:

Resources Location = c:\program files (x86)\e-sword

User Files Location = c:\users\username\documents\e-sword\

My User Files Location folder includes:  anlx, brpx, jnlx, lstx, memx, notx, etc. 

My Resources Location folder includes:  bblx, bbli, cmtx, cmti, dctx, dcti, devx, devi, harx, lexx, lexi, mapx, mapi, refx, topx, etc.

My recommendation would be to change your User Files Location to a location that makes sense to you, but don't change it to your Resources Location.  You should be able to change the location right there near the bottom of the dialog box.

ElderB

#3 rgbruno

rgbruno

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2023 - 04:07 PM

Thank you ElderB. Using Resource Options I have tried changing User Files Location (then reopening e-Sword) and for some reason it will not save my User Files in my defined location. I tried a different folder than C:\Program files (x86)\E-Sword also.

#4 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 September 2023 - 09:58 PM

You may want to read through the thread linked below about Ctrl-Right Clicking to change to a different folder:

http://www.biblesupp...ng-topic-notes/

ElderB

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users