Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Esword on Ipad

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PIR

PIR

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:09 AM

How can I see installed  books on my esword on Ipad , when it is dowloaded here 

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:31 AM

How can I see installed  books on my esword on Ipad , when it is dowloaded here 

The books have to be in the proper file format for iPad which is topi, if your are downloading books that have topx format those are for the windows version of e-Sword

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:42 PM

Topx (Topic notes) is now converted into the refi format with the Apple converter. The same for the old refx format for e-Sword 9 and 10.

The windows versions of e-Sword 11,12 and 13 support the Apple formats (refi,bbli, dcti, lexi,cmti,..)

Here is the Apple Convertor:

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:28 PM

Topx (Topic notes) is now converted into the refi format with the Apple converter. The same for the old refx format for e-Sword 9 and 10.

The windows versions of e-Sword 11,12 and 13 support the Apple formats (refi,bbli, dcti, lexi,cmti,..)

Here is the Apple Convertor:

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

What surprises me the most about the "Apple Converter" (actually named as "e-Sword PC to Apple Module Converter"), is that none of you who uses Mac computers have written a similar conversion tool to work on your machines. In all sincerity why don't you blokes do something about it instead of depending on us Windows PC blokes having to do the work for you? I do not believe that there is no one among you who does not know how to program. And if by chance there is no one among you who knows how to program – learn!!!

Best way I can put it is this... Stop being so lazy!

I can't believe I just said that.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 02 June 2021 - 02:31 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 03:08 PM

Why hasn't Rick Meyers, written a converter that works on Apple? Is he lazy?

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 June 2021 - 02:57 AM

Why hasn't Rick Meyers, written a converter that works on Apple? Is he lazy?

Hi Jon,

Well, I guess he could have. And on numerous occasions it came  across my mind that he should. Then came the begging question as to, why should he.

The amazing thing is this, when you got really talented guys in this group who are Mac users that are (albeit hobbyist) programmers, there is no reason as to why someone can't just do it.

The amount of guys who are both hobbyist and professional programmers who have developed tools to use in conjunction with e-Sword is actually quite astounding. And from what I can gather, they are most (if not all) made for Windows. And seriously if they can give up their time to do this for the e-Sword community, of which we all benefit from their labors.Why don't Mac users do likewise? This requires an answer, and I hope someone can. Moreover, I tend to think Mac users tend to act like spoiled privileged children which demand this, that, and the other thing and not willing to lift a finger to do something for their own part of the e-Sword community.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am. But at the moment, they tend to be proving me right at this particular moment.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 03:05 AM

Interesting.

The reason I say Rick should do it is that he made the problem in the first place by changing the format to html, and then he provides an Apple converter that only works on a PC, as if Apple users have a spare PC for some reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users