I am creating this post to help E-Sword HD user to convert Bible, Commentary, Dictionary e-sword modules available on their PC to IPAD format and then transfer the converted modules for use on their IPADs. This document is distributed just to help the Esword HD users out there who own their own modules. I am not responsible for any loss incurred from the use of the information in this document or for any copyright infringements.
The IPAD i tested this on has iOS 11.
Installing Bible Modules for E-sword HD on IPAD
The following is an example of converting an E-sword bible module (that you already own on your pc) to IPAD version and then transferring that file to your IPAD.
- Download, Install and Open the e-sword PC to Apple module conversion Utility found in (http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html) and you will have a window open up.
- From the window, choose the esword Bible module (.bblx extension) on your PC that would like to convert, so that you can use it on your IPAD. Ideally those files should be in the Esword folder on your PC.
- Click the convert button and the module conversion process begins. This software will create a new module for IPAD with the extension ” .bbli” in the same folder on your PC.
- Follow the steps as in attachment (Esword HD Modules for IPAD) that has detailed screen shots to transfer the converted files to esword hd folder in your ipad. You will have to install additional software on your ipad. (This is the only a workaround method to transfer Converted esword modules from PC to Esword hd Folder on IPAD for ios 11. If you are aware of or discover an easier method please post!)
- Once transferred, you may open esword HD and you will find the new bibles added in the drop down menu.
Note :You can use a similar strategy to convert your commentaries sets, dictionaries etc by the selecting the right option in “Type” drop down menu of the Apple module conversion Utility and later follow step 4 transfer to your IPAD
- For creating commentary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility, select the commentary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .cmtx extension on PC to convert to .cmti extension and follow steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.cmti extension) to IPAD.
- For creating dictionary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility ,select the dictionary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .dctx extension on PC to convert to .dcti extension and follow same steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.dcti extension) to IPAD.
Edited by santhoshpw, 07 May 2018 - 12:41 PM.