Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Installing E-Sword HD modules for IPAD from PC

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 santhoshpw

santhoshpw

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:16 AM

Hi everyone.
I am creating this post to help E-Sword HD user to convert Bible, Commentary, Dictionary e-sword modules available on their PC to IPAD format and then transfer the converted modules for use on their IPADs. This document is distributed just to help the Esword HD users out there who own their own modules. I am not responsible for any loss incurred from the use of the information in this document or for any copyright infringements.

The IPAD i tested this on has iOS 11.

Installing Bible Modules for E-sword HD on IPAD

The following is an example of converting an E-sword bible module (that you already own on your pc) to IPAD version and then transferring that file to your IPAD. 

Note: 

• Download, Install and Open the e-sword PC to Apple module conversion Utility found in (http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html) and you will have a window open up.
  • From the window, choose the esword Bible module (.bblx extension) on your PC that would like to convert, so that you can use it on your IPAD. Ideally those files should be in the Esword folder on your PC.
  • Click the convert button and the module conversion process begins. This software will create a new module for IPAD with the extension ” .bbli” in the same folder on your PC.  
  • Follow the steps as in attachment (Esword HD Modules for IPAD) that has detailed screen shots to transfer the converted files to esword hd folder in your ipad. You will have to install additional software on your ipad. (This is the only a workaround method to transfer Converted esword modules from PC to Esword hd Folder on IPAD for ios 11. If you are aware of or discover an easier method please post!)
  • Once transferred, you may open esword HD and you will find the new bibles added in the drop down menu.

Note :You can use a similar strategy to convert your commentaries sets, dictionaries etc by the selecting the right option in “Type” drop down menu of the Apple module conversion Utility and later follow step 4 transfer to your IPAD

• For creating commentary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility, select the commentary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .cmtx extension on PC to convert to .cmti extension and follow steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.cmti extension) to IPAD.
  • For creating dictionary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility ,​select the dictionary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .dctx extension on PC to convert to .dcti extension and follow same steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.dcti extension) to IPAD.

Attached Files

Edited by santhoshpw, 07 May 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#2 David Neville-Ross

David Neville-Ross

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Hi,

I tried this but it said "Unable to open locked module"

????????????????????????????????

David

#3 Jeepster

Jeepster

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:08 AM

With the latest update for iOS (8.3), it seems iFunBox no longer reads the contents of the e-Sword directory. Apple is probably adjusting the OS to prevent jailbreaking, which is basically what iFunBox does.

So, using iTunes, it is very easy to load files onto the iPad, to add modules, but with the recent lock-down of iOS, it is not possible to copy the files off the iPad, or back them up.

#4 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

With the latest update for iOS (8.3), it seems iFunBox no longer reads the contents of the e-Sword directory. Apple is probably adjusting the OS to prevent jailbreaking, which is basically what iFunBox does.

So, using iTunes, it is very easy to load files onto the iPad, to add modules, but with the recent lock-down of iOS, it is not possible to copy the files off the iPad, or back them up.

iFunBox does not jailbreaking which is illegal and if you want to be connected again then need you to uninstall iFunBox, Open iTunes on your PC and install the newest version of iFunBox while iTunes is still open.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#5 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hi,

I tried this but it said "Unable to open locked module"

????????????????????????????????

David

Your module is licensed; all the modules made by Rick Meyers who made e-Sword are protected and downloadable in the program. Try another module.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#6 Jeepster

Jeepster

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

iFunBox does not jailbreaking which is illegal and if you want to be connected again then need you to uninstall iFunBox, Open iTunes on your PC and install the newest version of iFunBox while iTunes is still open.

Right. I worded that clumsily. iFunBox doesn't jailbreak, but it did enter into the file structure of an iOS device and make jailbreaking easy. Also, it allowed access to the files in an app like e-Sword. A number of websites are complaining about the iOS 8.3 update and how it kills access to the files. The newest iFunBox WILL open the files of apps that have sharing turned on. But that does not include the storage area where the Bible modules are kept. We are locked out of there. Which is a blessing and a curse: They are protected, but not able to backup.

Also, "Jailbreaking" is not illegal, per se. There is no law against jailbreaking. Right now it appears jailbreaking is the only way to get into the innards of an iPad.

#7 cncmacmaz

cncmacmaz

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

I have been trying all day with ifun and also module installer, neither of them will work. I got lucky several days ago and successfully loaded one of the modules I wrote using ifun, and it works great. But ever since then none of the other modules I have written and converted to HD will copy over to the Ipad.

I have a lot of resources in my pc for e sword and they are a terrific help, sure wish this was easy and not such a headache.

update

ok I finally got it to work. I guess I posted too soon

Edited by cncmacmaz, 01 June 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#8 michaelministry

michaelministry

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:22 PM

SOLVED!  The converter was not putting the file in the same folder as said in the instructions.   On Windows 10 It puts it in: C:\Users|YOUR NAME|AppData|Local|VirtualStore|Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

Also I was able to transfer the new file to my iPad 4 through iTunes.

I have tried this and can't seem to get anything to work.  I have an iPad 4 32 GB.  I have version 9.0.2 on it.  I installed both the converter and ifunbox on my Lennovo Desktop PC running Windows 10.   The converter appears to be working but it I cannot locate the new file it is suppose to create in the same folder.  I have searched my pc to see if it puts it anywhere else with no success.    ALSO ... When I run ifunbox it shows my iPad 4 connected by the USB cable and I see e-sword HD; however when I click on it there is only a small tooltip like dialog box that comes up that gives me only 3 options:  Open Sandbox, Extract IPA and Uninstall.

No new window comes up with "Application Support" in it and my installed HD modules.

I tried uninstalling ifunbox like one suggestion said, then opening itunes and then reinstalling ifunbox.  Still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michael King

Edited by michaelministry, 30 October 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#9 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

Report the issue to the developer http://www.e-sword.n...pad/contact.htm

#10 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

I have tried this and can't seem to get anything to work.  I have an iPad 4 32 GB.  I have version 9.0.2 on it.  I installed both the converter and ifunbox on my Lennovo Desktop PC running Windows 10.   The converter appears to be working but it I cannot locate the new file it is suppose to create in the same folder.  I have searched my pc to see if it puts it anywhere else with no success.    ALSO ... When I run ifunbox it shows my iPad 4 connected by the USB cable and I see e-sword HD; however when I click on it there is only a small tooltip like dialog box that comes up that gives me only 3 options:  Open Sandbox, Extract IPA and Uninstall.

No new window comes up with "Application Support" in it and my installed HD modules.

I tried uninstalling ifunbox like one suggestion said, then opening itunes and then reinstalling ifunbox.  Still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michael King

Michael,

See if information in this thread is of help to you as you wait for Support:

http://www.biblesupp...ere-does-it-go/

And as an alternative to using iFunbox to get your converted files onto your iPad, you can use iTunes file sharing since iFunbox is not working for you. Apple has support articles on how to use iTunes file sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users