Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Help convert an ontx.exe bible to bbli for iPad

8 replies to this topic

#1 teris2212

teris2212

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 08:10 PM

I have a free bible for public called Filos in Greek which is from theword software for windows and dont know how to convert it for the iPad. I have contacted the author of theword software but he told me to contact e-sword author , which i did but in vain. Can someone do this convertion for me or have instructions as this is a free bible  but not included on the e-sword application ? Any help would be great appreciated

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 October 2023 - 08:24 PM

I have a free bible for public called Filos in Greek which is from theword software for windows and dont know how to convert it for the iPad. I have contacted the author of theword software but he told me to contact e-sword author , which i did but in vain. Can someone do this convertion for me or have instructions as this is a free bible  but not included on the e-sword application ? Any help would be great appreciated

It is totally impossible to convert an exe file to a bbli file. Why?

1. An exe is an executable type file, as in like a program/app file.
  2. A bbli is a resource type data file.
  3. An exe is not a resource type data file.

With that said, as far as I am aware there are no conversion tools available to convert TheWord resource files to e-Sword HT, LT or X. Now, I could be wrong, and someone else might come up with a method to convert it. But I doubt it.

Edited by APsit190, 07 October 2023 - 08:27 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 08:54 PM

It is totally impossible to convert an exe file to a bbli file. Why?...

If one had access to Windows OS; run the executable; then use SimpleBibleReader to convert TheWord to .bbli

Would that not work?

#4 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 11:46 PM

Elsewhere on BibleSupport.com, I found a Spyros Filos in Modern Greek Bible module which is from the MySword software for mobile devices, and I converted that module for the iPad.  The module is available at:

http://www.biblesupp...s-modern-greek/

I don't know if it is the same Filos version as the module that you have for theWord, but I thought it was worth an attempt.

ElderB

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 08 October 2023 - 05:43 PM

If one had access to Windows OS; run the executable; then use SimpleBibleReader to convert TheWord to .bbli

Would that not work?

Only if you had a Windows PC, or Crossover on a Mac or Linux PC. As far as I am aware there are no tools/apps to run Windows apps on iOS devices let alone conversion tools.

Unlike Windows users where there is a number of e-Sword users who are programmers and/or are hobbyist programmers, it appears there are none in the MacOS and iOS camp. Or maybe if there are, they're just too lazy to do anything about creating tools for their platform on which they use e-Sword HT, LT, and/or X. You can take your pick on that.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 08 October 2023 - 05:43 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 07:24 PM

Would that not work?

The file is a self installer for theWord so thWord would also be required

#7 teris2212

teris2212

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 05:59 AM

Thanks for all your answers and thanks ElderB for the file , i will try this at night as i have a pc at work. I have theword installed , run the exe Filos file and then the program exports Filos into another ont file in a folder called AppData , so i took this file and convert it but it gave me errors , numbers etc. Later i will try the new file from ElderB and another solution from Simple Bible Reader converter as he told me to convert it as a text file first to see if there are any errors.

Will lets you know later.

#8 teris2212

teris2212

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:10 AM

Just insert EldersB file to my ipad and yes it is working !!! I am so happy.God bless you ElderB !!!

#9 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 09:47 AM

Just insert EldersB file to my ipad and yes it is working !!! I am so happy.God bless you ElderB !!!

You are very welcome!

ElderB

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users