Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Installing E-Sword HD modules for IPAD from PC

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 planktonthelegend

planktonthelegend

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:10 PM

Hi, new here. This topic is pretty much how I found this site. Inhave managed to convert many .bblx files and .cmtx commentaries. I have been loading the commentaries with no problem using the itunes application on my pc and "adding file" using the file sharing process. The new .cmti file gets added to the e sword hd root folder, and after a close the e sword app on my ipad and then reopen it the new commentary is there!

However I have tried this same process with bible translations. The .bbli files with NO results. I am assuming that those files have to go into that application folder spoken about in previous posts. That folder does not show up in the itunes file sharing list.

If someone can figure this out that would be great. I have lots of converted bi le translations that i would love to use on my ipad, but sadly can not.

#12 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Some Abreviation names for BBLI are "protected". You cannot for example create a file with an abreviation, "NIV" as e-Sword HD/LT will ignore it. You can create one such as 84NIV and e-Sword will load it. That is one issue. Otherwise I have had no problem moving BBLI file into e-Sword HD/LT us iTunes. I do not recommend anyone using iFunbox as it offers little advantage over iTunes now.

#13 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

Hi, new here. This topic is pretty much how I found this site. Inhave managed to convert many .bblx files and .cmtx commentaries. I have been loading the commentaries with no problem using the itunes application on my pc and "adding file" using the file sharing process. The new .cmti file gets added to the e sword hd root folder, and after a close the e sword app on my ipad and then reopen it the new commentary is there!
However I have tried this same process with bible translations. The .bbli files with NO results. I am assuming that those files have to go into that application folder spoken about in previous posts. That folder does not show up in the itunes file sharing list.
If someone can figure this out that would be great. I have lots of converted bi le translations that i would love to use on my ipad, but sadly can not.

One thing you might try to rectify this is to compare what you are doing with Apple's instructions for file sharing here: https://support.appl...f62DjcQ9QEIGTAA

I have had no problem dragging and dropping bbli files or cmti files or dcti files from my PC into the Documents section (see the article) of iTunes file sharing. All converted files go to the same place in iTunes to get "moved" into e-sword on the iPad.

#14 planktonthelegend

planktonthelegend

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the reponses! Turns out the bbli files i had must have an issue, not sure what it is yet. However I downloaded one from this site and it loaded right away. Not sure why the other ones wont load. Maybe a bad file. Not sure. At least I know that I can load them now. Thanks again!

#15 Richard

Richard

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHeswall, United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:01 AM

Is there an option open to us to embed Strongs numbers? Any modules out there with embedded links? Not sure if this is right place to post?

#16 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:19 AM

Is there an option open to us to embed Strongs numbers? Any modules out there with embedded links? Not sure if this is right place to post?

You can't hide Strong numbers for modules in e-Sword (as mySword and theWord can).
But words are clickable and linked to the dictionaries modules.
A Hebrew/Greek Strong number dictionary for names(with alternative spellings) is easy to make IF you have time; but many other English words are linked to multiply Strong numbers and it depending on the Bible translation.
The only thing that comes close is a Dictionary search with the King James Concordance(KJC).

Or click on a Greek word and use the GRVi dictionary module from Eliran Wong for Apple/e-Sword HD/LT and e-Sword 11(it works only with lowercase Greek words without accents or diacritics).
16OCT2016_GRVi.dcti.zip
http://www.biblesupp...ndroid-mysword/

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#17 Gracia Redentora

Gracia Redentora

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

Something is happening with the ifunbox software... If you use the syncios software you will be OK. I tried it yesterday with an iPad Pro 128 GB iOS 10.3 and worked like a charm. Hope it helps,

#18 Richard

Richard

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHeswall, United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

Bit frustrated that there's no clear answer on this thread! All you have to do is drag the downloaded bbli module on your Mac to the eSword HD Documents in iTunes (plug your iPad in to your Mac!). Now fire up eSword or reboot it on the iPad and the module will disappear from the documents but will appear in your drop down list of available modules. You can delete it in the normal way. Love Apple the way its supposed to be - SAFE - and don't jailbreak!

#19 claudcameron@icloud.com

claudcameron@icloud.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

I got Dummelow’s Commentary working on iPhone and iPad in this manner: i converted them on a PC using the PC to Apple module mentioned above. I then copied the two resulting *.cmti and *.refi files to my MacBook. From there I ran iTunes and with the iPad or iPhone tethered to a USB port used the files transfer in iTunes. The Commentary file shows up with the other commentaries and the Dummelow reference file shows up under references.

#20 rswoods

rswoods

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for the reponses! Turns out the bbli files i had must have an issue, not sure what it is yet. However I downloaded one from this site and it loaded right away. Not sure why the other ones wont load. Maybe a bad file. Not sure. At least I know that I can load them now. Thanks again!

How does a person find out what the issue is with a bbli file?  I made a bblx file that works fine with the PC version of e-Sword, but when I convert the bblx to a bbli file using the conversion utility and copy it to the shared files for e-Sword HD (or e-Sword LT), when I launch either app, the file disappears and it is not available in either app.

I saw this from the FAQ: "If there are any problems with a module it will be deleted!".

How can I determine what the problem is?  Thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users