Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

iPad V12.1.1 - Study notes displaying in Hebrew? - HELP!

2 replies to this topic

#1 mb@markboyd.info

mb@markboyd.info

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 December 2023 - 05:53 PM

I see that e-Sword on my iPad upgraded yesterday to v12.1.1.  Now when I click the pencil icon next to the verse name & number label, the pop up view of the study note for that verse is in Hebrew.  What happened??  

If I open the notes in the study notes editor, they are fine (still in English).  It's just the pop up view in the Bible text view that displays in Hebrew.

Probably needless to say, I can't read Hebrew. 

Any ideas?  Is there a setting somewhere?  Or is this a brand new bug? 

I'm on iOS 12.5.7.  

Thank you.

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 17 December 2023 - 06:34 PM

I have posted this query on the contact page for iPad, with the developer of e-Sword for the iPad, Rick Meyers. That is where you should report your problem. Also explain which Bible you have  linked, and open, when you look in the other Bible options that are linked to your selection. Browse around, and find out what other options are open and linked at present.

This sounds as though it is an interesting option, to enable you to be able to quickly read the Bible in the original language, just like Jesus may have expected you to learn to read the text; especially as you do it in a STUDY BIBLE pop up selection. I will let you know the reply if I get one from Rick Meyers's staff. I expect that he has thousands of queries that he will eventually work through, since he has recently updated e-Sword X for the Mac, and e-Sword HD for the iPad, and also e-Sword LT for the iPhone also, during December 2023.  - so the reply may take some time. Meanwhile contact him directly on https://www.e-sword.net/ipad/contact.htm 

Are you able to copy the text, and send it in an email to yourself, okay? Does that manage to send via the internet to yourself, correctly, with probably a conversion to Left to right, character stream, instead of right-to-left spelling of the Hebrew characters that appeared on your screen. THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR DISCOVERY OF THIS EXCITING NEW OPTION. 

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 January 2024 - 11:56 AM

The latest currently available versions for e-Sword are listed at: 
http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/11792-current-available-versions-of-e-sword/

These include: e-sword X for the MAC, e-Sword HD for the iPad, e-Sword LT for the iPhone, e-Sword for Android devides, e-Sword for Android phones, e-Sword for the PC.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users