Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Copy Dictionary Numbers and Definitions

1 reply to this topic

#1 DeeBee

DeeBee

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

I'm trying to create a document containing all the definitions of all the Strong's numbers used for a particular word.  First, Is there a way to copy all the strong's definition numbers that appear on the left column Dictionary search results?  I want to have a list of these along with the definitions which show up when hovering the mouse over each one.  There is no way to copy the definitions either.  Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?  For example I did a search for "Brightness" and 13 Strong's numbers come up.  I cannot copy the list of numbers.  Then I can see the definition of each number - for example H5054 = feminine of H5051 - splendor; brightness.  But how do I copy that and include it next to the appropriate number? 

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 01:29 AM

You use now two conflicting methods:

1) English word -> Strong's numbers

2) Strong's number -> English words

The first method is usual only used for one English Bible translation: an edition of the KJV.

Be clear what you want and are the definitions limited to the KJV definitions only?
For the English word "Brightness" found I not 13 but 9 definitions in a KJC search.

H2096 H2122 H3314 H3368 H5051 H5054 G541 G2015 G2987

The Strong's number "H5051 - splendor; brightness" is also a feminine noun that is in the KJV translated as "brightness, shining, bright and light". (So "splendor" is not used for H5051 in the KJV).

And there is already a module that use the first method without Strong's numbers: KJVwordlist

So you need to add the Strong's Numbers after the English word.

http://www.biblesupp...?hl=kjvwordlist

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users