Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

TS2009 Hyperlinks to TS2009 Dictionary Notes not working. Fix?

3 replies to this topic

#1 PJCwasHere

PJCwasHere

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 02:56 PM

When clicking on blue text in a verse in the TS2009 Bible (e.g. Footnote: aPassover - see below) it is not hyperlinked to the Dictionary, TS2009 Notes tab - and it is all blank. This works fine on another computer. I have uninstalled & reinstalled TS2009 Bible (mind you the TS2009 Notes tab remains after uninstalled) . I am using Tahoma for the font. 

Lev 23:5  ‘In the first new moon, on the fourteenth day of the new moon, between the evenings, is the Pěsaḥa to יהוה. Footnote: aPassover. 

Thanks in advance.

Blessings, 

Peter

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 06:44 PM

When clicking on blue text in a verse in the TS2009 Bible (e.g. Footnote: aPassover - see below) it is not hyperlinked to the Dictionary, TS2009 Notes tab - and it is all blank. This works fine on another computer. I have uninstalled & reinstalled TS2009 Bible (mind you the TS2009 Notes tab remains after uninstalled) . I am using Tahoma for the font. 

Lev 23:5  ‘In the first new moon, on the fourteenth day of the new moon, between the evenings, is the Pěsaḥa to יהוה. Footnote: aPassover. 

Thanks in advance.

Blessings, 

Peter

The TS2009 dictionary module is not a complete dictionary module of the entire TS2009 bible it is collection of explanatory notes on a small number of words within the TS2009 bible text. 

The words do work with other dictionary modules where the words are actually listed 

#3 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 07:16 PM

When clicking on the word "Passover" in the blue text in the TS2009 Bible in the footnote following Exodus 12:11, it is properly hyperlinked to the Dictionary, TS2009 Notes tab - and the Dictionary topic "Passover" properly appears.  Thus, I don't think that the blue footnote text in Leviticus 23:5  is causing the problem, and I don't think that your Tahoma font is causing the problem.  The most likely culprit is the lack of a space between the "a" and the "Passover".  There is no valid topic entry for "aPassover" in the TS2009 Dictionary.  I don't know why you could click on "aPassover" and it would work fine on another computer.  Since the TS2009 Bible is an official module that is downloadable from within e-Sword, it is more tricky to edit that module to add the missing space.

ElderB

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 07:27 PM

When clicking on the word "Passover" in the blue text in the TS2009 Bible in the footnote following Exodus 12:11, it is properly hyperlinked to the Dictionary, TS2009 Notes tab - and the Dictionary topic "Passover" properly appears.  Thus, I don't think that the blue footnote text in Leviticus 23:5  is causing the problem, and I don't think that your Tahoma font is causing the problem.  The most likely culprit is the lack of a space between the "a" and the "Passover".  There is no valid topic entry for "aPassover" in the TS2009 Dictionary.  I don't know why you could click on "aPassover" and it would work fine on another computer.  Since the TS2009 Bible is an official module that is downloadable from within e-Sword, it is more tricky to edit that module to add the missing space.

ElderB

ElderB is correct that the lack of space between some of the words and the superscript letters is causing the issue

Please ignore my earlier response

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users