Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#71 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

I would like to see some modules containing the works of J. Sidlow Baxter, 1903-1999. I'm not sure who to contact about copy rights and permissions, though I understand that at least some of his books are still in print Studies in Problem Texts and Explore the Book to name a couple.

Edited by Baunllaw, 23 January 2012 - 08:09 AM.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#72 toniraem

toniraem

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a E-sword module for or direct me in the right directions???
1. Tanach with Rashi Commataries.
2. Thomas Newberry Bible.
3. The book of Yahweh.

Thank you, Toni

#73 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

toniraem.....

I couldn't find anything on.....Tanach with Rashi Commentaries...nor on The Book of Yahweh. However on the Thomas Newberry Bible
the good news is that the "raw text" has been uploaded to this site. The bad news is it has not as yet been made into an E-sword module.
Continue to check back for further information about these resources.....as someone else may have some info I couldn't find......and
now that you've made an inquiry about the Thomas Newberry Bible, which we do have the raw text on; someone may go ahead and go to work on it.....because of your interest in obtaining it !

Dartmaster644

#74 toniraem

toniraem

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Dartmaster644
THANK YOU FOR GETTING BACK WITH ME.
I AM REAL NEW ON FIRGURING OUT HOW TO WORK THIS WEBSITE. I SAW IN THE NEW DOWN LOAD AREA IT SAID IT HAD THE TANACH WITH RASHI COMMENTARIES BUT I KEPT GETTING AN ERROR SO I SENT THE PERSON A MESSAGE ABOUTHOW TO DOWN LOAD. I AM JUST NOT FOR SURE WHERE I CAN FIND THE REPLY. SMILE. I REALLY DO THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME. WHERE DO I KEEP CHECKING TO SEE IF THEY HAVE COMPLETED THOMAS NEWBERRY'S BIBLE? SHALOM, TONI

#75 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

I shall give it a look later this week and if it is reasonably simple, I will have it done by Friday.

Ay Carumba! There is no simple way to do that one. It is the KJV text, but with Hebrew/Greek on one margin, and explanations/notes on the other. If someone is willing to tackle it, I wish you luck.

Now back to work on the 12 or so projects I've already committed myself to finishing...

Brad

Edited by Cobb78, 24 January 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#76 Geronimo

Geronimo

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

I would like and might make modules for :

Old Church Slavic, Old Armenian, Old Georgian, Old Ethiopic, Old English (incl. OT), 1582/1610 Real Douay Rheims (the only real Bible translation in English), Old Nubian (coming soon), Old Saxon (just a few fragments) and any Old German, French, or other pre-1400 translation I can find that meets the quality standards of the other ancient translations. (I am a professionally-trained linguist.)

I also hope to make bible modules for the Clementine, Nova Vulgata, and other Catholic Bibles with the Apocrapha included - Gen 1:1 / 1 Macc 1:1 and so on, so the whole thing can be searched. I hope to propose a standard arrangement so that alternate canons can be displayed using the Protestant Canon format readable by E-Sword and Bible Analyzer 4. Scribd or wePapers "sumerian corpus" to find my publishing-blog.

I might also produce at least portions translated into Egyptian Hieroglyphic, Akkadian, Sumerian, Hittite Hieroglyphic, Oracle Bone Script Chinese, and Mayan (esp. a full Egyptian Hieroglyphic, then Hittite Hieroglyphic, then Archaic Sumerian would be excellent).

I would do all this myself for sure if I could get donations, but I'd have to set up a website and all that first. If anyone wants to help me, find my Scribd account. Unfortunately, I also have to do things like flip burgers to feed my family, given that I'd go to Hell if I joined the atheist or heretical academia. By the way, if you can see my profile picture, that's not me, it's just my ideal. It's like a picture of a Saint,only I couldn't find any of St. Ludwig with his wife and 20 kids. Ps 127

Edited by Geronimo, 28 January 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#77 Shane Stoneham

Shane Stoneham

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

I am looking for

Kittle's Unabridged Theological Dictionary

anyone have a copy of it?

#78 Shane Stoneham

Shane Stoneham

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I would also like a bible format for all the pseudiogrpha and apocrapha from the dead sea scrolls.

#79 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

I would also like a bible format for all the pseudiogrpha and apocrapha from the dead sea scrolls.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are under copyright. AFAIK, permission to distribute the English translation has not been granted.

Some of the pseudopigraphia are available as topical files, or Reference Library format.

There are around half a dozen Bibles that include the Anagignoskomena.

jonathon

#80 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I am looking for

Kittle's Unabridged Theological Dictionary

anyone have a copy of it?

So would I, but it ain't available. There is no unabridged TDNT available in any Bible Software format that I am aware of. The only one that I know that is legally available is the Small Kittle for the Word, and that is not free.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users