Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

POPULAR

Please post your request for e-Sword Modules here.
Many times, people ask about creating an e-Sword resource and one already exists that they did not know about (I can't tell you how often this happens). You never know, you get the resource much faster than you thought.

If you don't believe the material your seeking is already an e-Sword resource, please post the Title and Author of the work. If the material exists in electronic format (of any kind), post a link to that material here. A number of resource creators visit this forum and they might be persuaded by your request.

Also, some have the mentality that copyrighted text can never be distributed. I've found that smaller copyright holders are very likely to grant permission for their work if you agree to clearly acknowledge them and/or provide a website link and distribute the material for free. Sounds fair to me, so keep that in mind.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

Hi I would like these modules for e-Sword - Mickelson's Strong Dictionary, Liddell-Scott-Jones Lexicon of Classical Greek.

MacLaren.cmt.twm this commentary has more information (verses) than the one on this site. Why is that?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 Jim

Jim

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

I am trying to find ERRB (exeGeses ready research Bible)in version 8. I realize the majority of this site is dedicated to version 9. I don't have version 9 because of download problems in using dialup ISP (no high speed available in my area).
Thanks
Jim

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

I am trying to find ERRB (exeGeses ready research Bible)in version 8. I realize the majority of this site is dedicated to version 9. I don't have version 9 because of download problems in using dialup ISP (no high speed available in my area).
Thanks
Jim

I may be able to help you Tuesday, Jim. Stanley is sending me 3-4 gigs of e-Sword 8 material that I will add beginning on Tuesday.

EDIT: Actually, exeGeses Ready Research Bible is commercially distributed, isn't it?

#5 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

I may be able to help you Tuesday, Jim. Stanley is sending me 3-4 gigs of e-Sword 8 material that I will add beginning on Tuesday.

EDIT: Actually, exeGeses Ready Research Bible is commercially distributed, isn't it?

I downloaded the e sword 9 version from this site and converted it to e sword 8 using BeST. I posted it in the e sword 8 modules section. Please download the file and test with e sword 8. I do not have it installed anywhere to see if the conversion went ok.

The copyright information in the module information says that this file can be freely reproduced and distributed as long as credit is given to exegesis.

Thanks

#6 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

It is, but not as an e-Sword resource. Or at least, I don't htink it was ever commercially distributed as an e-Sword resource.

However, there is/was a complication with the license, but I don't remember the specifics.

My suggestion is email the copyright owner, and verify that it can be distributed for e-Sword 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, pocket e-sword, theWord, and MySword.
On second thoughts, doing that with all of the resources that you get would be a good idea.

jonathon

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

It is, but not as an e-Sword resource. Or at least, I don't htink it was ever commercially distributed as an e-Sword resource.

However, there is/was a complication with the license, but I don't remember the specifics.

My suggestion is email the copyright owner, and verify that it can be distributed for e-Sword 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, pocket e-sword, theWord, and MySword.
On second thoughts, doing that with all of the resources that you get would be a good idea.

jonathon

Looks like World Wide Publishers was the publisher when it was in-print. Doesn't look like they're still in business. Will have to dig deeper I guess.

#8 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

Looks like World Wide Publishers was the publisher when it was in-print. Doesn't look like they're still in business. Will have to dig deeper I guess.

They either merged with somebody else, or changed their name.

After I convert my desktop to a cloud server, I'll install evince, and migrate all of my email to it. That way, I'll be able to locate the messages e-sword-users.org received from the current copyright owner claimant.

jonathon

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

Here's a high quality reproduction of the Bible, freely available to read: http://issuu.com/hum.../docs/exegeses1

Interestingly, in the introductory material, the text says the work can be reproduced as long as attribution is given to Exegesis. Also found the same on an archived copy of their website (their actual website is long gone).

#10 Jim

Jim

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

I downloaded the e sword 9 version from this site and converted it to e sword 8 using BeST. I posted it in the e sword 8 modules section. Please download the file and test with e sword 8. I do not have it installed anywhere to see if the conversion went ok.

I went to e sword 8 downloads and could not locate it. Josh sent me a link to esnips for errb ver. 8 (thanks Josh), but that is the same one I previously downloaded and it's password protected.
Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users