Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#51 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

WOW. Lots of Bibles I hadn't seen before...looks like lots of fun formatting work to make modules! Went to the Look Higher website and clicked on "modern Bibles" and found some that looked interesting. Thanks for sharing the link! I'm looking forward to seeing the AV7 (supposedly mostly computer-translated version of the Textus Receptus) in e-Sword.

BCobb

are you converting this bible to eSword or do you know if AV7 is in progress by someone else

Edited by DSaw, 16 December 2011 - 03:48 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#52 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Also, if I am not mistaken, the People's NT is just the KJV

There are at least four different works that bear the title People's NT. I"m not sure which one the e-Sword resource is of. It isn't the one from WELS, nor is it the one from the Church of Christ (Disciples of Christ).

jonathon

#53 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

The people at the AV7 asked me not to make an e-Sword module of that work until they have finished their revision and second printing. Then they are all for it.

BCobb

#54 Josh

Josh

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

I'd like to see Henry Alford's New Testament for English Readers made into a Commentary module. :)

It's pretty much basically the same as his Greek New Testament except that the words from the NT text are translated into English instead of the original Greek.

#55 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

hi do you have a link to it?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#56 Josh

Josh

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

thanks

I'll try to search for a link and post it in the next few days when I have more time. :)

Edited by Josh, 17 December 2011 - 02:41 AM.

#57 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

The people at the AV7 asked me not to make an e-Sword module of that work until they have finished their revision and second printing. Then they are all for it.

BCobb

That's a change from there statement in the AV7 PDF or do they want the revision used????

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#58 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

they want the revision used

#59 Josh

Josh

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

I'd like to see Henry Alford's New Testament for English Readers made into a Commentary module. :)

thanks

I'll try to search for a link and post it in the next few days when I have more time. :)

Unfortunately, the only links to this multi-volume work that I've been able to find are Google Books links. And AFAIK creating a module of the work from such links would be either impossible or more trouble than it's worth. :(

I guess that I'll just have to make do with his Greek NT for the time being. I sort of wish now that I had taken more than just one year of NT Greek. :P

Edited by Josh, 20 December 2011 - 02:36 AM.

#60 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

It is doable. I can probably get it done, but I've got 4 or 5 projects ahead of it in line. What's your opinion on the commentary itself?

Brad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users