Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a way to edit the content of .dctx files?

1 reply to this topic

#1 AveMaria02

AveMaria02

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hey everyone. I asked a similar question before but that thread is quite old and I wanted to start a new thread and try to clarify what I mean.

Okay, here goes. I have a .dctx file which I use in E-Sword. Its a Catholic Doctrinal Concordance. Okay, you know how the section in E-Sword for .dctx (dictionary) files has tabs at the top, a section at the bottom where you view the content, and a side bar where you can pick a topic in the dictionary file? Well, what I am wanting to do is I am wanting to be able to create new topics that would show up in the side bar which has content in it that I can view. I am also wanting to edit the content in the existing topics. In other words, I'd like to be able to go in to the .dctx file with some sort of editor and edit the content of each topic and add new topics so that I can see new things in each topic and create new topics with new content. Does that make sense to anyone?

So anyway, is there a simple way to do this? Please note that I am not a programmer and so any kind of programming utility would probably be too difficult for me to use. I am hoping that there is some sort of editing program I can use to edit these files so there is more content in them. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hi

Try using Tool Tip Tool NT - found at home page that talks about Tool Tip Tool NT being 1 year old. Down load it open it go-to top look 4 Module scroll down to Dictionary, read dictionary it should open the module uo so you can edit it.

Thank you

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users