Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Suggest files to be Featured

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

The "Featured File" on the Downloads front page is featured prominently. I try to change the file every 24-48 hours. I sometimes spend all of about 45 seconds to find a file because I'm in a hurry. Moderators can change the file also, I believe.

If you would like to suggest a file to be featured, post it here! It is ok to suggest a file you created--if it was worth creating, it's probably worth featuring.

Josh

#2 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

If you would like to suggest a file to be featured, post it here! It is ok to suggest a file you create

This is one place where I think it is appropriate to use specific theological criteria, and publicly list them.

For example, The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegatis is an interesting and very influential text, in its genre. That doesn't warrent it being featured on a website oriented towards Christians. I'm using that resource as an example, becuase it isn't --- or at least should not be --- an edge case. (There is not an appropriate place on this site to discuss the theology of that resource. So if you want to debate the issue, you'll have to take it off-site.)

An edge case would be a resource that consisted of Modal Monarchism Apologetics. (If you want to debate why that is an edge case, take it off-site.)

Disclaimer: Emerald tablet was converted into e-Sword format by me. I've also converted Modal Monarchism Apologetics into e-Sword format.

jonathon

#3 johanseb

johanseb

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hee!

A request -a prayer- for certain valuable material:

1- The Daily Study Bible -Old Testament by John Gibson (New Testament by Barcley is uploaded :-)
2- Gesenuis Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon Old Testament
3-Holy Bible by Ferrar Fenton
4-The Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible (Abingdon Press)
5-The New Interpreters Bible (Abingdon Press)
6-Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (Harris, Archer, Waltke)
7-Word Biblical Commentary (Thomas Nelson Publishing)

I don´t know all these is available withou copyright;.
God bless you all!
Johanseb

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hee!

A request -a prayer- for certain valuable material:

1- The Daily Study Bible -Old Testament by John Gibson (New Testament by Barcley is uploaded :-)
2- Gesenuis Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon Old Testament
3-Holy Bible by Ferrar Fenton
4-The Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible (Abingdon Press)
5-The New Interpreters Bible (Abingdon Press)
6-Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (Harris, Archer, Waltke)
7-Word Biblical Commentary (Thomas Nelson Publishing)

I don´t know all these is available withou copyright;.
God bless you all!
Johanseb

Just to add to that so I don't have to keep the sizzling one :lol:, the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament. And whilst I'm at it, also put in the New International Dictionary New Testament Theological (NIDNTT I think is how it goes). There are also a few new Greek and Hebrew Lexingtons that are floating around that would make a real huge addition to the e-Sword library.

So, yep, I'm a dreamer and a visionary for new resources for e-Sword.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

The "Featured File" on the Downloads front page is featured prominently. I try to change the file every 24-48 hours. I sometimes spend all of about 45 seconds to find a file because I'm in a hurry. Moderators can change the file also, I believe.

If you would like to suggest a file to be featured, post it here! It is ok to suggest a file you created--if it was worth creating, it's probably worth featuring.

Josh

HI Josh,
This is dangerous, mate; really dangerous. Ahhh, but I love it.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

The Fenton Bible is under construction, but as any who have messed with it can tell you, it's not a quick project.

#7 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I would suggest as a featured module the "Spoken English New Testament". Yes, I created it, but I think it is a very professional-looking module complete with commentary (footnotes) and dictionary.

#8 johanseb

johanseb

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Could we gat E.V.Rieu The four Gospels?
Cornish Saint Paul from the trenches?

Best wishes and may Gos bless us all!

johanseb

#9 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:22 AM

A very interesting item would be, On Translating (1530): for e-Sword version 12.refx format.
Martin Luther's Classic tract On Translating is the foundation of the modern science of linguistics, of Bible translation and a classic of the German language.
http://web.archive.o...r-translate.txt
http://www.iclnet.or...r-translate.txt

An Open Letter on Translating By Dr. Martin Luther, 1483-1546, (1530).
Translated from: "Sendbrief von Dolmetschen" in _Dr. Martin Luthers Werke_, (Weimar: Hermann Boehlaus Nachfolger, 1909),
Band 30, Teil II, pp. 632-646, by Gary Mann, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Religion/Theology, Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois
http://web.archive.o...r-translate.txt
There is a link to this file from web.archive.org/web/20191007102008/http://www.iclnet.or...erg-luther.html

The previous links have been updated at https://christian.net/resources/selected-works-of-martin-luther-1483-1546/

A few misspellings in the English could be corrected as well.

EDITED:
The translation of Martin Luther - An Open Letter on Translating has been provided to Bible Support in English, by bilhuff2002, Jun 18, 2018 and Last Updated Jan 21, 2022.
This is a single chapter work, contained in the Luther, Martin - Library.

The download modules submitted to Bible Support have been updated.
[1] Luther, Martin - Library.topx 5.94MB - This will run on e-Sword for PC from version 9.x and later. and is viewed in the Reference Library window.
[2] luther_martin_-_library.refi 9.81MB
This will run on e-Sword for PC version 11 and later, and is viewed in the Reference Library window.
This will also run on e-Sword X for the Mac, e-Sword HD for the iPad, e-Sword LT for the iPhone, and e-Sword running on Android devices.
You will find these modules on Bible Support at http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/file/11403-luther-martin-library/

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 24 December 2023 - 02:15 AM.

#10 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 December 2023 - 05:07 PM

Requested for e-Sword: Spurrell Old Testament: A Translation of the Old Testament Scriptures From the Original Hebrew

A Translation of the Old Testament Scriptures from the Original Hebrew, by Helen Spurrell ((1819–1891)) London: James Nisbet & Co, (Jan 1885)

https://sacredtruthm...original-hebrew

It is now again available from Sacred Truth Publishing:

—not actually original, "paleo-Hebrew," but unpointed Hebrew; the first and one of the only translations undertaken by an individual woman (as opposed to an entire Bible Translating committee); very scholarly; VERY rare. 

Also contains an Introduction by the Modern Publisher explaining the Hebrew Language (paleo, square unpointed, and square pointed), and a Table of Contents Page (Modern Publisher has added new larger page numbers at the top of each page, since the page numbers of the originals at the bottom were so incredibly small).

Read a sample / selection on-line for free: The Book of Ruth. https://sacredtruthm...sample-ruth.pdf

the explanation of Helen Spurrell's notations. explains Helen Spurrell's treatment of the emphatic in the Hebrew. https://sacredtruthministries.com/sites/default/filessites/default/files/images/stories/R-S/Spurrell-Key.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users