Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

F1 not showing help

8 replies to this topic

#1 TigerTee

TigerTee

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

hi, my f1 key does not bring up the help screen. neither does chosing it manually from the menu. any ideas?

also - how can i change where my study notes are to be saved? thanks.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

hi

yes, you can click on Helps and it should bring down a list of things to choose from.

For Study notes (all things in Editors) Press Control and Right Click (at the same time) will bring you a list. select Open and you can open wherever you have your modules. [I like mine on my usb (flash drive or memory stick)

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 TigerTee

TigerTee

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

sorry, the helps menu appears with "contents" as the first item (f1 next to it as shortcut). the contents does not show, however, when i choose it either way.

also, in which window do i do the control and right click to enable the list. i was unable to accomplish this. using 10.1.0 (latest) version

thanks in advance

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

hi

try in the Study notes: click on the white paper then press control right click the same as Topic

others will help
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

hi, my f1 key does not bring up the help screen. neither does choosing it manually from the menu. any ideas?

The help file for e-Sword is the e-Sword User's Guide, which is a pdf document. If this file does not show its probably because of one or two, or both things, which are:
  • You do not have Adobe Reader installed, and/or
  • You do not have the e-Sword User's Guide installed in your e-Sword Program folder.
To resolve this issue:
  • Download and install Adobe Reader, or
  • Ensure that the User Guide is in your e-Sword program folder, or
  • Ensure that the User Guide has been installed (of which it should have been if you're using version 10.07 and above).
I trust this information has been helpful to you, and has resolved your problem.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 TigerTee

TigerTee

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

"e-sword_guide_1005.pdf" is in my esword program folder, but it still does not show up automaticcal from within esword. i can open it as a separate file in adobe reader, but it doesn't link from within esword. any suggestions?

also, my second question was "where are my subject notes stored, or is there a way to change the storage folder?"

#7 TigerTee

TigerTee

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

i meant "study notes", of course. while we're at it, where are the journal notes and topic notes storef by default?

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

First you need to install the latest build of e-Sword.
Check from the top menu "Help"-> About, that it is 10.1.0. The latest user guide file is e-sword_guide_1006.pdf, and this is why F1 and the menu won't work for you.
When you have done that you can find the answer in the User Guide at Chapter 10.

Jon

#9 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

As far as I can tell, with e-Sword 10.1, if you have anything other than e-sword_guide_1006.pdf, when you start e-Sword it will reinstall a new guide. I just renamed e-sword_guide_1006.pdf to e-sword_guide_1005.pdf, when e-Sword started it extracted a new guide. I don't know why there is a hard coded version (or hash match) rather than simply e-sword_guide.pdf, this way if the guide should get updated before e-Sword you could overwrite the old guide with a new one, as it stands now, at least at my end, you alter the name of the guide, that would include updating it, e-Sword will overwrite the change.

OK, I renmaed the existing guide, dropped a random pdf in e-Sword, renamed to e-sword_guide_1006.pdf - worked. So the guide for 10.1 is hardcoded and as long as you rename any new guide to e-sword_guide_1006.pdf, F1 works, loads the new pdf.

Edited by Mike_S, 21 June 2012 - 01:55 AM.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users