Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to Make e-Sword Modules - ToolTip NT User's Guide - .94 / Revision 2/12/2012

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#51 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

I copied and pasted the above and tooltiped as is. it tooltiped fine Then I numbered it using the numbering formatting icon and got the below result
the intended tooltips did not tooltip and an erant reference showed up

1. Who was Ishmael
2. How was Ishmael born according to Galatians 4:23?
3. What people came from Esau?
4. State the allegory taught by the bondwoman, her son, and the free woman and her ?Son_5:1-16. How is a believer justified according to Romans 3:28?
6. What is said about Israel’s love for Joseph?

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#52 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

The original is an older ".doc" file, and I'm sure that the area that didn't ToolTip was done with a numbered list function. I copied directly from the file and pasted below. #2 and #5 did not ToolTip. All of the examples I had involved numbered lists and question marks on the end of a line with Scripture References. It wasn't any big deal, but I thought it was worthy of reporting. Example follows as copied and pasted from an old ".doc" file:

QUESTIONS—LESSON TEN

1. Who was Ishmael?
4. State the allegory taught by the bondwoman, her son, and the free woman and her son?
5. How is a believer justified according to Romans 3:28?
7. What was the significance of Joseph’s coat of many colors?
8. Give the details of Joseph’s dream which he described to his brethren.
9. How did they receive the dream?
10. Did Joseph’s dream come true? Quote the Scripture.
11. Who bought and sold Joseph?
12. Who became Joseph’s master in Egypt?
13. Who conspired against Joseph and had him cast in jail?
14. Whose dreams did Joseph interpret in jail and how did they come true?
15. Who told Pharaoh that Joseph could interpret his dream?
16. What dream of Pharaoh’s did Joseph interpret? Did it come true?
17. What caused Joseph’s brethren to go to Egypt? When did they recognize Joseph?
18. Describe Jacob’s visit to Egypt and his meeting with Joseph?
19. Describe Jacob’s blessing of Ephraim and Manasseh and the death of Jacob and Joseph.
20. What is the last that we hear of their bodies?

Can you upload a sample file, which when loaded into T4 will reproduce the problem when tooltipping? If I can duplicate it, which I can't, I may be able to fix this. Thanks.

#53 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

I copied and pasted the above and tooltiped as is. it tooltiped fine Then I numbered it using the numbering formatting icon and got the below result
the intended tooltips did not tooltip and an erant reference showed up

1. Who was Ishmael
4. State the allegory taught by the bondwoman, her son, and the free woman and her ?Son_5:1-16. How is a believer justified according to Romans 3:28?

So, you duplicated the problem plus one. Thanks, I knew that I wasn't imagining things.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#54 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I on the other hand, can not duplicate this. I still need a sample file in order to fix this! Does anyone have one? Thanks. :-)

#55 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Can you upload a sample file, which when loaded into T4 will reproduce the problem when tooltipping? If I can duplicate it, which I can't, I may be able to fix this. Thanks.

The source file is attached. For the example I gave, go to the end of Lesson Ten for the questions.

Attached Files

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#56 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

hi check this out:

QUESTIONS—LESSON TEN

this tool tipped

1. Who was Ishmael?
How was Ishmael born according to Gal_4:23?
What people came from Esau?
State the allegory taught by the bondwoman, her son, and the free woman and her ?Son_5:1-16. How is a believer justified according to Romans 3:28?
What was the significance of Joseph’s coat of many colors?
Give the details of Joseph’s dream which he described to his brethren.
How did they receive the dream?
Did Joseph’s dream come true? Quote the Scripture.
Who bought and sold Joseph?
Whose dreams did Joseph interpret in jail and how did they come true?
Who told Pharaoh that Joseph could interpret his dream?
17. What caused Joseph’s brethren to go to Egypt? When did they recognize Joseph?
Describe Jacob’s visit to Egypt and his meeting with Joseph?
Describe Jacob’s blessing of Ephraim and Manasseh and the death of Jacob and Joseph.

this is the original

1. Who was Ishmael?
How was Ishmael born according to Galatians 4:23?
What people came from Esau?
State the allegory taught by the bondwoman, her son, and the free woman and her son?
5. How is a believer justified according to Romans 3:28?
What was the significance of Joseph’s coat of many colors?
Give the details of Joseph’s dream which he described to his brethren.
How did they receive the dream?
Did Joseph’s dream come true? Quote the Scripture.
Who bought and sold Joseph?
Whose dreams did Joseph interpret in jail and how did they come true?
Who told Pharaoh that Joseph could interpret his dream?
Describe Jacob’s visit to Egypt and his meeting with Joseph?
Describe Jacob’s blessing of Ephraim and Manasseh and the death of Jacob and Joseph.

now the problem is the Abbr need to change 1. son? this one mixed 4,5 & 2. Romans

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#57 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

The problem is - ya'll have "Wrap" enabled on the Tooltip Bar. Uncheck "Wrap". With this unchecked, it will tooltip correctly.

"Wrap" should only be used if you really need it. I am tempted to remove it completely.

In the T3 documention (note T3) - I have an article titled "Tooltip Tool - Line Breaks.PDF" which explains the issue.

Please try turning off Wrap, and see if your problem goes away.

#58 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

hi
thanks that was the problem, it works much better

thanks again , just Unchecked "Wrap"
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#59 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

The problem is - ya'll have "Wrap" enabled on the Tooltip Bar. Uncheck "Wrap". With this unchecked, it will tooltip correctly.

"Wrap" should only be used if you really need it. I am tempted to remove it completely.

In the T3 documention (note T3) - I have an article titled "Tooltip Tool - Line Breaks.PDF" which explains the issue.

Please try turning off Wrap, and see if your problem goes away.

Thanks Brother. I have line wrap turned off now and will probably get to check it tomorrow with another set of lessons containing numbered question lists. I had no idea, but it is in the directions that wrap makes ToolTip evaluate through hard line breaks. Thanks for your time and effort in making a great tool and in helping folks learn how to use it.

#60 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

Wrap seemed like a good idea once upon a time. It was handy for converting PDF file which inserted line breaks after every line. I've since created other tools to deal this this, and the Wrap option just causes more grief then it is worth. I am thinking of completely removing this from the program. Would anybody miss it??? Any one?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users