Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to Make e-Sword Modules - ToolTip NT User's Guide - .94 / Revision 2/12/2012

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

Wrap seemed like a good idea once upon a time. It was handy for converting PDF file which inserted line breaks after every line. I've since created other tools to deal this this, and the Wrap option just causes more grief then it is worth. I am thinking of completely removing this from the program. Would anybody miss it??? Any one?

It causes nothing but problems when enabled. i issued a pretty stern warning in the T4 documentation about using wrap.

#62 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Back in January, 2010, I included a chapter on T3 in my "eSword Helps 2010.topx" module (available for downloading near the bottom of this page). T3 has a similar feature called "Search Through Line Breaks." It is just as much trouble. I wrote: "T3 arrives with this option OFF (unchecked). For the most part, leave it off." (NOTE: I'm unsure if version 3.50 of T3 still comes unchecked.)

When T3 was initially released to the public, third party module building was in it's infancy. There was a lot of archive.org text that was not reformatted and just dumped into modules. T3's "Search through line breaks" option ignored those breaks and tooltipped through them - powerful indeed. Builders would then need to clean up the "unintended consequences" of that maneuver.

Third party module building is maturing. Most of us are attempting to distribute "publishable quality material" - which means removing line breaks. Now "search through line breaks" does nothing profitable, and only causes a mess.

Brent, my advice would be to say "farewell" to this once useful feature of ToolTip (or perhaps better - bury it deep in a menu!).

Edited by DoctorDaveT, 18 March 2012 - 07:25 AM.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#63 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'll add it to my "to undo" list.

#64 tomthemartian

tomthemartian

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I haven't been able to start tooltip. I get the following error "
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." I tried reinstalling it and get the same error. I am running xp sp3. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Praise the LORD
Tom

#65 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

You have encountered a rare instance where the C++ 2008 Runtime DLLs are not installed on your system - I think. You can download these DLLs here:
https://dl.dropbox.c...ft.VC90.CRT.zip

Unzip this file, and place the contents into your "e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT" program folder, and try restarting the program. Let me know if this does not work.

Edited by BH., 17 November 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#66 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Silly me - - here is the URL of the C++ 2008 Runtimes.
https://dl.dropbox.c...ft.VC90.CRT.zip

#67 tomthemartian

tomthemartian

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

There were four files that unzipped with the zip file. It didn't seem to help when I put them in the tooltip folder. But when I put them into the C:\windows\system32 folder the program worked. I uninstalled tooltip and deleted all the files that were installed leaving the four files in the systen32 folder and reinstalled tooltip. Praise the LORD it worked. Thanksgiving is a great time to make a list of all the thing we are thankful for. You and other authors are on my list.

Thanks,
Tom

#68 rosc

rosc

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Stupid question maybe..But, once the rtf is finished, how does one then create the sqlite file? I'm not seeing it in the documentation and confused how it's finalized through the sqlite program..

#69 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

It is in the documentation, Chapter 3 / Bible Modules / Creating a Bible Module

#70 rosc

rosc

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Is this the menu I'm looking for where it says "Save TOPX file" ? I assumed that was only for the topx format, and was looking for a similar option for the bblx files. When I go in to the modules/bible menu, there's no option to save bblx, just rtf?

I feel really stupid at this point if I'm overlooking the obvious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users