Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to open TOPX file

30 replies to this topic

#21 sadean2

sadean2

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

I have downloaded several TOPX files but they do not show in my e-Sword.  I tried to click on them to open and it doesn't do anything.  How can I get them to show up on my E-Sword?

#22 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

I have downloaded several TOPX files but they do not show in my e-Sword.  I tried to click on them to open and it doesn't do anything.  How can I get them to show up on my E-Sword?

They will appear in the topics editor in versions of E-Sword pre version 10, in versions 10 and 11 there is feature called resource library which will display them

#23 brandocommando7

brandocommando7

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

I was having issues finding a topx file also. I was able to put it in my documents under the esword file and then open it in the topic notes editor but not the reference library. What I found is that if the file is in the program files esword file then you won't see it in the topic notes editor and I couldn't find it under the reference library tab. But if you go up to tools, and then resources you should see your topx file in the reference books area unchecked. Check it and then it should show up in the dropdown menu inside of the reference library window. This worked for me anyway.

#24 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

I was having issues finding a topx file also. I was able to put it in my documents under the esword file and then open it in the topic notes editor but not the reference library. What I found is that if the file is in the program files esword file then you won't see it in the topic notes editor and I couldn't find it under the reference library tab. But if you go up to tools, and then resources you should see your topx file in the reference books area unchecked. Check it and then it should show up in the dropdown menu inside of the reference library window. This worked for me anyway.

Trust that this video will broaden your understanding on just how all this works

X (formerly Twitter)

#25 ShinobiChilam

ShinobiChilam

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBurnaby B.C.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

Hi people!  I'm still having a problem here. How do I find this:"the Editor window" 

I checked the window of E sword : FILE BIBLE COMMENTARY  DICTIONARY TOOLS OPTIONS DOWNLOAD WINDOW HELP

Can't find the "Editor Window"

Also where's the " documents" in E Sword?

" just paste them straight into the e-sword folder in documents. "  .

It would be great to post a step by step guide on how to view TOPX files if you  can rather than tid bits of info here and there.  I tried to follow the above but no go.

Thanks again!

Shinobi

#26 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:01 AM

Hi people!  I'm still having a problem here. How do I find this:"the Editor window"

I checked the window of E sword : FILE BIBLE COMMENTARY  DICTIONARY TOOLS OPTIONS DOWNLOAD WINDOW HELP

Can't find the "Editor Window"

Also where's the " documents" in E Sword?

" just paste them straight into the e-sword folder in documents. "  .

It would be great to post a step by step guide on how to view TOPX files if you  can rather than tid bits of info here and there.  I tried to follow the above but no go.

Thanks again!

Shinobi

First it depends on which version of e-Sword you are running They will appear in the topics editor in versions of E-Sword pre version 10.

The three editors that are built in to e-Sword can be accessed by clicking the editors tab which is along the left edge of the e-Sword main window. e-Swords 3 built in editors include one editor for journal notes, one editor for study notes and one editor for topic notes.

In e-Sword versions starting with version 10 there is feature called "Reference Library" The reference library is accessed by clicking the icon that looks the 3 books. This icon can be found along the top of e-Sword to the right of the search box and search tools. There is also an icon that looks like a small picture this icon will activate the e-Sword Graphics viewer for viewing things such as maps.

Clicking the 
"Reference Library" icon will open a new window that is divided into to two sections and has a drop down menu at the top. The left section of the "Reference Library" window will display a table of contents for your topic file and the right window displays the the full text of what ever section of the topic file is selected.

The drop down menu located at the top of the 
"Reference Library" window will list all of your installed topic (topx, topi) files as well as any reference (refx, refi) modules you have installed. The drop menu allows to easily switch between topic files by simply selecting the title of the topic files. 

When you download modules for use with e-Sword they must be installed into e-Sword in order for e-Sword in order to work correctly. The best tool for this is the e-Sword module installer which can be downloaded from right here on this site 

http://www.biblesupp...dule-installer/

Regarding the e-Sword document folder:

The e-Sword documents folder is located in the windows documents folder and is labeled "e-Sword". Do not move or rename this particular folder as it also contains several files that e-Sword needs in order to work correctly 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 13 June 2019 - 10:06 AM.

#27 FreeBeing

FreeBeing

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 November 2021 - 04:12 PM

Thank you to everyone who answered this. I was still lost until I someone's mention to go to the very bottom of the Editor. That drop-down list is really tiny & I never noticed it before. This is wonderful!

#28 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:59 PM

Thank you to everyone who answered this. I was still lost until I someone's mention to go to the very bottom of the Editor. That drop-down list is really tiny & I never noticed it before. This is wonderful!

There is also a part of e-Sword called The Reference Library that can be accessed by clicking the button that looks like three books on shelf. The button is at the right end of the search bar just below the menu across the top of e-Sword.

Attached Files

#29 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 November 2021 - 06:38 PM

Yep, you seen me doing that in the above video.

If you go to my DRailed4700 channel, you will see a heap of other e-Sword videos which may prove helpful to you. Moreover, there is e-Sword related content I've uploaded on that channel which has not been posted here, and could possibly prove helpful to you. Not only that (this is really selling the channel), if you subscribe, and then click on the notification bell, and leave a like on the video will help on the algorithm, and boost the visibility of the channel.

So with that, have a really blessed and wonderful day,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#30 ChrisTopherGautamHota

ChrisTopherGautamHota

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 08:36 PM

How do I view TOPX files on the MacOS version of e-Sword X, tho?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users