Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to open TOPX file

30 replies to this topic

#1 Agape

Agape

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

POPULAR

I downloaded E-Sword files in TOPX. How can I open such files?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

I downloaded E-Sword files in TOPX. How can I open such files?

Was it a self installing module? If not, you may need to move the .topx file to c:\program files (x86)\e-sword or to c:\program files\e-sword depending on your version of Windows.

You may also be asking how to view Topic files within e-Sword. It's confusing for many new users.The Editor's Window (bottom, right window by default in e-Sword) has a Topics Notes tab. After clicking that tab, you can select your Topic File at the bottom of that window in a menu.

#3 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCrieff, Scotland.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi Buddy. You need to move the topx file. Go to your computers documents file, you will see an e-sword folder. Pop the topx file in there and restart e-sword. If your installing any self installing ad-on always keep an eye on the folder your installing it to, bibles, commentaries and dictionaries all go into the e-sword folder in the program's folder. If its a topx file, it always goes in my documents.

Tony.

#4 Agape

Agape

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Thank you to brother Josh Bond and brother hendo1986. I am now able to view TOPX files. I click the Topic Notes tab and then the Topic Files. May GOD bless you
both.

Agape

#5 Megan

Megan

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hope you are still monitoring this site . . . I did the same thing but can't find a folder for topx . . . help!

#6 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

I cant find a TOPX folder either... I would appreciate direction to it and how to open these books...

Jeanc

#7 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi Buddy. You need to move the topx file. Go to your computers documents file, you will see an e-sword folder. Pop the topx file in there and restart e-sword. If your installing any self installing ad-on always keep an eye on the folder your installing it to, bibles, commentaries and dictionaries all go into the e-sword folder in the program's folder. If its a topx file, it always goes in my documents.

Tony.

I tried to do what you have said tony. i tried '' the install into'' box and the file didnt go INTO topx folder. just into the esword folder and then i tried drag and drop and that did work either. can you give more directions,

Jeanc

#8 Dave Kinsella

Dave Kinsella

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

I followed the two guys instructions and it worked a treat. There is no Topx box, just unzip what ever you have (if it needs unzipping), take it out of the folder and just paste them straight into the e-sword folder in documents. Then they'll be in the Editor window (bottom right). The very bottom of that window will have a drop down list you click on, and then above the text box is another drop down window that will contain the chapters. Easy now that I know! Thanks guys.

#9 HyerGrnd

HyerGrnd

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

I tried to do what you have said tony. i tried '' the install into'' box and the file didnt go INTO topx folder. just into the esword folder and then i tried drag and drop and that did work either. can you give more directions,

When e-Sword installs, it creates a sub-directory at "My Documents\e-Sword"

Just drop your .topx files into that directory and then start or restart e-Sword

Then look at the bottom of the window pane at the lower right and you will see a drop down list of topic files and select the one you want. Then near the top of the editor in that pane select the section of the file you wish to read.

#10 petelo21

petelo21

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:52 AM

is this one applied for Android ? please advise how to read topx files in android

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users